The Nintendo development restructure ... and what it means for Wario!

a new punch-out is more desirable and interesting.

thought i'd rather have next level work on captain america super soldier 2 or nhl hitz 2016

Then tell me, what new things could another Punch-Out do? And I don't mean stuff like adding more opponents. I'm talking about something like new gameplay hooks that can make it stand out from the other one.

As long as it's not a motion control gimmick I'm ok with anything. xD

I'm pretty sure whatever Next Level games would come up with would be great. They made a masterpiece with the last one. Such a high level of polish.

So are you also saying that Next Level are wasting their potential with Federation Force? Because "shoulda been Mario Strikers 3/Luigi's Mansion 3/Punch-Out!! 1.5"?

I can't say anything about federation force cuz it's simply not out yet.
Who knows how it's going to turn out? So saying it's a waste of anything would be pretty dumb at this point.

The reason people are upset over federation force is not because it looks like a bad game. They are mad that it's being branded as a Metroid game even though it has nothing to do with Metroid and because people have been waiting for a real Metroid game for way too long.
(It's like when Game and Wario was announced and all it was was a collection of tech demos. I wasn't upset because I thought the game wouldn't be fun, I was upset because it was a Wario game that was neither WarioWare nor Wario Land/World. And I REALLY wanted a new Wario Land. ...I still do. TT-TT)

Sure, I'd be happy if they made another game for a franchise that I like but I'm not saying they shouldn't work on new games as well.

Last edited:
wait how did this get derailled into being about punch-out

So what does everyone think all of this means for the series (if Wario has any life left in it)? lol

So does this restructure mean that what was once SPD will now finally stop being Nintendo's Meg Griffin?

i now you like to claim nintendo totally hatez the former spd guys and i still don't get it

i'd say the original rhythm heaven proves the opposite, actually. The concept was pitched to Nintendo by Tsunku, and he's one of the biggest media personality in Japan. Putting the team on that game demonstrate an enormous faith in their talent, if anything.

i'm not sure what point you're trying to make. nintendo may be a global corporation, but most of its output and hardware decisions are still ultimately made with the domestic market in mind, and the original rh wasn't even released outside japan lol

Rhythm Heaven may be successful in Japan based on Tsunku alone, but it never seems to take off in the other regions. Like, at all.

It's also saying quite a lot when all it gets in Smash is one random-assed Smash Run enemy (and a rare "bonus enemy", at that), a few trophies (a grand total that can only be counted with one hand, going across both versions), and two songs (in a downloadable stage, no less). Why there wasn't at least a goddamn RH stage is beyond me.

Last edited:
Just wait till we get Mii costumes of Karate Joe (Brawler) and Wandering Samurai (Swordfighter) for Smash 4 DLC, then we'll talk.

Back