Things that are referenced in the Wario franchise.

Metal

Don't be sad cause it's over pimps
Not limiting this to ware or wario's platformer games, I'd like to say what are some things that wario has referenced in some way. Aside from the obvious video game related things such as 9-volt's minigames, I'm wondering if wario has ever referenced something else and it has. This came up with a conversation I had with Magma, where in one of Dr.Crygor's mini games in WarioWare inc. mega microgame$! A minigame by the name scoot or die seems to show a character who basically looks like kamen rider 3 infact even the japanese version of this minigame is called NinRanger no. 3 in reference to Shiro Kazami otherwise known as Kamen Rider V3. The scooter itself might also be a reference to how riders would hop on motorcycles hence the name kamen(masked) rider, it might reference a rider's motorcycle even though the minigame it's a scooter.

WWIMM_ScootOrDie.PNG
051d693c3942e7134d57b3d135e8dc44.jpg
V3.png

The Intro Stage from Mega Micro Game$ is a notable reference to Mario Artist: Polygon Studio and several microgame concepts (or the WarioWare concept in general) had their origins in that game :

(0:55)

Back