What games do you want a spiritual successor for?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
We've got Bug Fables for Paper Mario, Pizza Tower and AntonBlast for Wario Land, and Yooka-Laylee for Banjo-Kazooie to name just a few.

But what other games/series do you want spiritual successors for? Are there any other Nintendo series you'd be interested in one for?

At this point I want a spiritual successor to the Boost Sonic games cos if Sonic Frontiers is what we can expect moving forward I'm not too happy with that. While the Boost formula was overused I feel like Sonic Team never truly brought the most out of it. Not too happy with the seeming new direction for 3D Sonic. (Sonic Superstars looks alright though)

I think I speak for everyone, even those who wont say it, Conker's Bad Furday

Also Banjo Kazzoie still. I don't recognized Yuka Laylee as up to snuff.

At this point I want a spiritual successor to the Boost Sonic games cos if Sonic Frontiers is what we can expect moving forward I'm not too happy with that. While the Boost formula was overused I feel like Sonic Team never truly brought the most out of it. Not too happy with the seeming new direction for 3D Sonic. (Sonic Superstars looks alright though)

What do you prefer about the old boost games to Sonic Frontiers? What could a spiritual successor do differently?

I think I speak for everyone, even those who wont say it, Conker's Bad Furday

Also Banjo Kazzoie still. I don't recognized Yuka Laylee as up to snuff.

I'm genuinely surprised that Conker's Bad Fur Day doesn't have any sort of spiritual successor. Lots of people are nostalgic for it, and there definitely seems to be interest in the idea from game devs.

Banjo-Kazooie as well, though I get the feeling most indie 3D collectathons are trying to be a spiritual successor to it in some way. Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, Clive n Wrench, Lobodestroyo, and many, many others I forgot the names of.

What do you prefer about the old boost games to Sonic Frontiers? What could a spiritual successor do differently?

I'm genuinely surprised that Conker's Bad Fur Day doesn't have any sort of spiritual successor. Lots of people are nostalgic for it, and there definitely seems to be interest in the idea from game devs.

Banjo-Kazooie as well, though I get the feeling most indie 3D collectathons are trying to be a spiritual successor to it in some way. Yooka-Laylee, A Hat in Time, Clive n Wrench, Lobodestroyo, and many, many others I forgot the names of.
Yes, so much yes.
On the Banjo Kazooie successor ALL of those games DID try but ended up really succeeding other games more. Hat in Time felt more like mario galaxy with just a sprinkle of cheeky humor but it wasn't that razzing banter. Yooka-Laylee felt like it wanted to be a side scroller (linear psuedo openworld, not all the worlds even connect), then it did become a side scroller.

WOAH CM30 you just blew my mind
I had no idea about Clive or Wrench OR Lobodestroyo. COULD THESE BE THE SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR IVE BEEN LOOKING FOR :O???? I'm definitely going to grab Clive and Wrench cause it really looks like it.
I really hope Lobodestroyo gets dropped it looks fun too but without a sidekick tagging along constantly I really can't see Lobodestroyo having the same level of banter that I would like from such a successor.
Honest thats what killed me on Nuts and Bolts, it was already breaking the format so hard but the banter was terrible. The banter was literally them just talking shit on the other games in the series.

I feel like almost every Boost game had some gimmick that prevented it from being as fleshed as it could have been or otherwise took the focus away from the Boost mechanic.

Unleashed had the polarizing Were-Hog
Colors introduced the Wisps though those weren't too bad I guess.
Forces had 2 other gameplay styles in Classic Sonic and Avatar gameplay.

I'd kind of like to see a purer implementation of the Boost mechanic. Sonic Generations is as close to that as we got but only half of the levels used that mechanic with the rest being Classic Sonic levels.

Already said in the discord bc didn't have laptop at the time and phone web browser doesn't have discord signed in for me so saying now here: MySims.

Already said in the discord bc didn't have laptop at the time and phone web browser doesn't have discord signed in for me so saying now here: MySims.
Oh MySims would be interesting for sure! I'd love to see someone make a successor to it.

I'm kind of craving a lot of spiritual successors right now. Clive and Wrench is actually pretty good.
Now I'm sitting here thinking; Parasite Eve, I want another completely zany survival horror like Clock Tower
But more specifically like Haunting Ground (a horror movie with a dog companion)
Something that scratches my dino crisis + fear effect craving too :O
A lot of the horror games now adays feel really campy, jump scary, and musically driven (booo)
Instead of having that BIZZARRE and uncanny story line and world that just makes you scared to look out the window. (yay o.o)
1690439178743.png

i honest to god have no clue why no one's tried to make a game similar to killer7 (outside of OFF by mortis ghost, which is also one of the greatest games of all time). Best GameCube game by far. Honestly, why aren't there much GameCube inspired games in general? Every game on that console was so unique and wildly different from each other it baffles me ngl

i honest to god have no clue why no one's tried to make a game similar to killer7 (outside of OFF by mortis ghost, which is also one of the greatest games of all time). Best GameCube game by far. Honestly, why aren't there much GameCube inspired games in general? Every game on that console was so unique and wildly different from each other it baffles me ngl

The GameCube era is getting a few spiritual successors, with A Hat in Time having Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker vibes and Bug Fables being inspired by the second Paper Mario game as much as the second, but yeah a few more GameCube inspired games would be nice to see nonetheless.

I had a project called the Wayward Realms on my radar for a time as it would be a modern day fully realized Daggerfall. Except the project was a total crapshoot and went nowhere fast so I still hope one day we get a good new Daggerfall kind of game. A crpg with actual in depth rpg systems and a world that's actually big. Daggerfall was the other half of what big open world fantasies promise but don't deliver and so far we still don't have that one magical game if you ask me.

I'm aware there's some kinda Punch Out spiritual sequel being worked on but like how the nes game was modernized through the wii one id like a game that reinvigorates the arcade and SNES style. You can hold your hands high and low. You can play defensively like how little mac would or you can cleverly set the pace of the fight and hammer down your opponent first.

Back