What is your favorite Paper Mario game? And why?

OldPug

Go hug a pug
My favorite is Paper Mario: Thousand Year-Door, I've played it over like 5 times. The thing I liked most about it was the puzzles and mysteries that you had to figure out, sometimes you had to go around and talk to the villagers around town. I really liked how the side kicks could help you in battle and also along with the story, I thought getting little Yoshi was really hard, haha.

The badges were very interesting, if I can remember most of them helped, but you had a limit how many you could can equip. Also I like how when you leveled up, you had three options to pick which category to raise, I don't think your sidekicks HP went up though.

Everything about it was awesome, the graphics looked pretty good, the gameplay was a lot of fun. I loved how the audience would cheer for you and sometimes they threw items for you or an item for them, haha. I know a lot of fans want Nintendo to bring back the game style of the thousand year and want a sequel to it. Honestly it doesn't matter to me, Thousand year door will always be one of my favorite games. I don't think you could possible make another Paper Mario just as good as that.

I've never been an actual Paper Mario fan, but my fave would have to be Sticker Star because it was my first PM game. I love the music. Very creative and unique!

My favorite is Paper Mario: Thousand Year-Door, I've played it over like 5 times. The thing I liked most about it was the puzzles and mysteries that you had to figure out, sometimes you had to go around and talk to the villagers around town. I really liked how the side kicks could help you in battle and also along with the story, I thought getting little Yoshi was really hard, haha.

The badges were very interesting, if I can remember most of them helped, but you had a limit how many you could can equip. Also I like how when you leveled up, you had three options to pick which category to raise, I don't think your sidekicks HP went up though.

Everything about it was awesome, the graphics looked pretty good, the gameplay was a lot of fun. I loved how the audience would cheer for you and sometimes they threw items for you or an item for them, haha. I know a lot of fans want Nintendo to bring back the game style of the thousand year and want a sequel to it. Honestly it doesn't matter to me, Thousand year door will always be one of my favorite games. I don't think you could possible make another Paper Mario just as good as that.

It's funny how when Thousand Year Door came out you had people saying it wasn't as good as the original N64 game. Then all the later stuff came out and people started praising Thousand Year Door as the best in the series. Anyway, "the Door" as I prefer to call it, will always be my favourite. It's the only Paper Mario game I care for.

Last edited:
Looking back, the gameplay isn't anything too special, but TTYD definitely had a really cool world feel with its locations and characters and even the story. Perhaps it got too far away from the Mario feel but not as much as Super. I would still say it's my favorite.

It's funny how when Thousand Year Door came out you had people saying it wasn't as good as the original N64 game. Then all the later stuff came out and people started praising Thousand Year Door as the best in the series. Anyway, "the Door" as I prefer to call it, will always be my favourite. It's the only Paper Mario game I care for.

I know right. After Nintendo released Color Splash, the fans want another one just like TTYD, haha.

Also TTYD, its one of my favorite games ever : p (Forgot to add it to my list of favorite games on the thread though : < )

I cant add to many more things about it, but I always thought that as an RPG, its really great : p Like its not just a great Mario game, you know? If you tell an RPG fan that you think TTYD is great, of course they wont take you seriously : p But its a great RPG.

It has great characters, a fun story, I like the gameplay, as OldPug mentioned with the badges, I liked that whole customization junk in TTYD : p
Its a great game that anyone with a Gamecube should have.

Also TTYD, its one of my favorite games ever : p (Forgot to add it to my list of favorite games on the thread though : < )

I cant add to many more things about it, but I always thought that as an RPG, its really great : p Like its not just a great Mario game, you know? If you tell an RPG fan that you think TTYD is great, of course they wont take you seriously : p But its a great RPG.

It has great characters, a fun story, I like the gameplay, as OldPug mentioned with the badges, I liked that whole customization junk in TTYD : p
Its a great game that anyone with a Gamecube should have.

Also I thought the music was great to.

I really enjoyed the Glitz Pit and Twilight Trail. The atmosphere was especially rich on the trail, with perpetual evening hanging over the lonesome old woodland. However, the enemies were too cute for the area (Amazy Dayzees). Should have been something more ominous. Incidentally, why can't they compose more than one battle theme for standard enemy battles? The cheery repetitive music always breaks up the mood.

Last edited:
Honestly, if we talk graphics and music, I'd say Paper Mario Color Splash is the winner.
I give the best boss battle gimmick award to Paper Mario Sticker Star, with the Blooper Boss battle.
Super Paper Mario changed the gameplay but kept the fun, and the story was full of charm and character.
Paper Mario TTYD is my personal favorite, making use of what made the original good, and had tons of character and unique little stories.
The battle system was the best in the series. I dunno, I don't really think having limited normal jumps is a good idea, if you have no stickers/cards with you, you're stuck with the roulette, which makes you spend money... And it's all luck based unless you pay more...

Back