What Wario ideas do you want to see in a future Mario movie?

• I hope to see Wario as an antagonist for Mario. Maybe Wario takes over the Mario and Luigi's new home in the Mushroom Kingdom.
  • I want them to keep the backstory that Mario and Wario have known eachother since they were young and were friends, from the Super Mario Land 2 manual and Super Mario Adventure comic.
  • Keep the idea that Wario is his birthname like in Yoshi's Island DS.
  • Maybe make Wario a farmer like some games hint at.
mFFdsfj_d.png

052.jpg

• After some big battle between Mario and Wario, Wario reveals how Mario was kind of a bully to him and they begrudgingly make up. (Wario still thinks he's way better than Mario)
wario_memories.jpg
1AdP2UM.png

• Mario appeals to Wario's greed and he helps out in some fight against Bowser. Wario expects to get rich after looting Bowser's castle or something.
  • If Wario appears in another movie after this hypothetical one, he would be treated like Mario's "friend," but they still get on each other's nerves.
  • Another idea is that Bowser could just be cut out of the movie with Wario being the only villain.
ojyb17ahvsbb1.jpg
1_d8ZCFv--dOdprq5D7kQ5WA.png

That's my pipe dream, no pun intended. I think Wario is worthy of being an antagonist for a future film, but I know there are so many competing ideas/characters that fans want to see more. I don't think Nintendo would want to make Mario look like a jerk, by being a childhood bully. I think if they did bring in Wario, Illumination/Nintendo would try to squeeze Waluigi in at the same time. Thanks for reading. What do you want to see?

Last edited:
He should be set up as the villain of the third movie, having taken over the Mushroom Kingdom while Mario and Peach are away dealing with a problem in Sarasaland in the second one (preferably Tatanga).

So let's assume everything is the same quality and expectations as what the first movie is. DK's part in the movie is hella underbaked, so I don't want Wario having the rival treatment so he can get his own sequel. Better he take the stage and be the main villain in a sequel.

I can imagine Bowser being the villain that ties Mario to Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom while Wario ties Mario to his family and home in the wider scope of sequels if he appears next

He should be set up as the villain of the third movie, having taken over the Mushroom Kingdom while Mario and Peach are away dealing with a problem in Sarasaland in the second one (preferably Tatanga).
Oh yeah that's a sounds good, adapting Super Mario Land 1 before Super Mario Land 2. Concept art of the first movie showed they were thinking about Daisy.

So let's assume everything is the same quality and expectations as what the first movie is. DK's part in the movie is hella underbaked, so I don't want Wario having the rival treatment so he can get his own sequel. Better he take the stage and be the main villain in a sequel.

I can imagine Bowser being the villain that ties Mario to Peach and the Mushroom Kingdom while Wario ties Mario to his family and home in the wider scope of sequels if he appears next
Yeah, Wario definitely deserves a shot as the main villain for a movie and I want him to debut that way.

Oh yeah that's a sounds good, adapting Super Mario Land 1 before Super Mario Land 2. Concept art of the first movie showed they were thinking about Daisy.

Yeah I feel like it would be better than just having Bowser as the main villain every time. Like you don't see Despicable Me or Shrek or Kung Fu Panda or Toy Story or any other successful animated film franchises reusing main villains. Even Sonic 2 had Knuckles teaming up with Robotnik so it had that new villain hook, and the next one has Shadow. Bowser should be like Robotnik, always involved and important but not the only major antagonist in each movie.

Yeah I feel like it would be better than just having Bowser as the main villain every time. Like you don't see Despicable Me or Shrek or Kung Fu Panda or Toy Story or any other successful animated film franchises reusing main villains. Even Sonic 2 had Knuckles teaming up with Robotnik so it had that new villain hook, and the next one has Shadow. Bowser should be like Robotnik, always involved and important but not the only major antagonist in each movie.
Yeah, I’m hoping they do new main villains/antagonists . They should try adapting villains from the Mario RPGs like Cackletta and Fawful.

Back