Which WarioWare art style do you prefer?

Which WarioWare art style do you prefer?

• The new one (WarioWare Gold onwards)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The older one

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Do you prefer the one introduced in Game & Wario and WarioWare Gold? Or the more realistic one used before that?

Definitely the older ones. They feel more informal, experimental, and generally more... Wario-like.

My favourite one is the one from Twisted!, and that may or may not have something to do with the fact that Twisted! is my favourite WarioWare game.
There's just something so special about it, that I can't quite explain.

The slightly updated design from Smooth Moves and DIY is fine too, but Game & Wario on the other hand is my least-favourite after the overly "artificial" style from Gold that henceforth became standard.

the older ones i generally like all of them really. I adore the grungey and almost sketchy look of the games up to G&W and G&W actually has my favorite (non touched, that's my real favorite) art style! G&W's style to me just felt right, it has the atmosphere of "weird show you'd find on cartoon network / adult swim way late in the night"

I think on a sidenote the WW games generally just stopped being really experimental after Touched with the exception of some bits of Smooth Moves. There was a layer of crazy edge to the old games, and im not trying to say it's like Panty and Stocking levels of vulgarity no, but stuff like Mona causing the police to get on her ass and making them crash with weird frog creatures, Kat and Ana awakening an ancient demon or the entire subplot of Ashley in touched being that she wants to kill some random ass dude because he crashed his UFO on her was really funny and I miss that level of "not giving a damn" these games had, assisted by the realistic and sketchy look of all of the games until like, Game & Wario.

WarioWare Gold & Get it Together were really big letdowns for me. I never liked how their styles just look like some weird chibi-fied Rhythm Heaven and they just feel too...cartoonish? The animation and stories of those games are really flat and a bit boring to me. I'm getting Move It! and im hoping it's an improvement :]

Back