Will a WarioWare game be on mobile phones?

Robin

Wario's ironical daughter!
Diamond City Insider
I was wondering... The WarioWare series has been a launch title and pioneer for a lot of situations (WarioWare Inc intoduced a new game style, Twisted introduced the gyroscope on cartrige, Touched showed off the DS capabilites, etc...).
I can see WarioWare work so well as a mobile game, and there is (or was) a game on Google Play that is basically WarioWare with different characters.

What do you think? Is there going to be a WarioWare (or Wario anything) in the new my nintendo mobile games? Or is Wario going to be left out of the mobile gaming all together?

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Better than nothing I guess but I just can't get into phone games of any kind. Phone games are convenient but just having them on a phone lacks immersiveness to me. I mean I know WarioWare games aren't super deep but I could play the games for some good long sessions.

The phone market is pretty huge, just look at all those games being bought every single day, imagain what Warioware on the phone would do for Ashley, twice, no! 10x times people know about Ashley and like her.

That would be neat. Ashley's going places, Mario spin-offs, toys and plush line.

I think people call them "filthy casual" if I'm right. The app store is full with pointless games that can also be fun! I remember on a trip to somewhere I played with my Grandmas ipad and played the same Mario clone game over and over with my cousin. Good times.

Don't forget that the "filthy casual" could eventually be turned on to more traditional video games if the right app hits them. I'm sure Nintendo is hoping their mobile games will make their other games more appealing to those who might not otherwise pay them much attention.

For me, the ideal situation would be a cross-platform system. I'd like to be able to play Nintendo apps I purchase on both my phone and my dedicated Nintendo system.

Possible, but that would mean the person is willing to drop money on an actual console, lest Nintendo releases full games on mobile which I don't think is their intention.

If it were something Nintendo would consider then it'd be interesting if they'd do what they did with Warioware Twisted and make another motion related game. It would be nice but then you'd have to shake your phone up and down, still it's a cool concept considering the high impact minigames would work well. If not then they could do something with characters like Jimmy T. after all in some of his minigames the titles for his included cell phones too.

WarioWareTapped2.png

The phone market is pretty huge, just look at all those games being bought every single day, imagain what Warioware on the phone would do for Ashley, twice, no! 10x times people know about Ashley and like her.

That would be neat. Ashley's going places, Mario spin-offs, toys and plush line.
I don't want to destroy your Fantasy but what if the People who see her dislike her? Ever thougt about that? :/

I also highly doubt that any WW Character her into a Mario Spinoff game as they prefer to "keep it in the family".

As for Merchandise:Aside from the Cleaning Cloth Three is already WarioWare Merchandise. I even own a Ashley Phone strap.

Ashley's in Mario Maker, assist in Smash, only character to get a new song (Ashley's song ver 2), new official artwork made for her almost every month, just this month Nintendo made Ashley theme Earthbound badges. Hell, every Warioware 3ds theme is Ashley related among more things.

If people disliked her, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would stop giving her all this attention.

Ashley's in Mario Maker, assist in Smash, only character to get a new song (Ashley's song ver 2), new official artwork made for her almost every month, just this month Nintendo made Ashley theme Earthbound badges. Hell, every Warioware 3ds theme is Ashley related among more things.

If people disliked her, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would stop giving her all this attention.
I think what count cannoli is saying is that mobile users are different from Nintendo users. They are two different audiences. They might see a character differently, might not be interested.

I'm no hardcore mobile user, but what reason is there for them to dislike/hate Ashley? She's a cute mascot, if anything just a random character made up for the game. It's not like people don't play a game based on a character's looks --- most of the time.

Not everyone has the same taste in Characters. What some love can be hated by others. I personaly don't have anything agaist her, i just find her a little overrated. And as Shyguy said: Mobile users are a different audience.
What i meant to say is that i doubt seeing her in a Mario Game. (Exception being Mario Maker but there are from almost every Nintendo franchise 1 or 2 Characters)

I can imaging her in Nintendo All-Stars game like Smash and MarioMaker for example.

1.Btw: I made a Mario Maker level that simulates flying on the broom. Wanna play it?
2.Btw: Have you seen the Ashley Phone strap?

I mean, what you say can be applied to pretty much any character, like Mario or even Wario. Yes, people have different tastes in characters, but Mobile users don't really care, unless they all only like men screaming on the app icon.

app-store-screenshot-1024x571.png

Would you honestly care how these characters look? Not really, you're in it for the gameplay, not the characters (probably.) Sorry if this sounds mean, but I don't care what you doubt. I think she has a shot at being in a Mario spin-off like Mario Kart. Which now doesn't fully only stick with Mario characters seeing as it has a mix of DK, Animal crossing and now link.

I don't play Mario Maker anymore, but if I picked it up again I would like to try it. :3

Also, Yes I have and am thinking of getting it. But it comes along with the other characters like Wario and 9-volt.

Back