Anyone find the instant kill stuff weird in Wario Land 1?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
It's the only game where Wario can die because he's fallen into a bottomless pit or lava, or been hit by a normal enemy (Pouncers).

Just feels weird, given that all games since removed any chance of being instantly killed by anything.

Do you agree?

The whole game feels weird coming back to it from the later games. The transition to Wario Land II was well done however.

It was basically a transitional game from Super Mario Land to Wario Land, where its formula is very Mario-like with a distinctly Wario twist (shoulder bashing, coin-collecting, treasure hunting, et cetera). It only halfway feels like a Wario Land game retrospectively, but it was overall a pretty smooth transition between the Mario Land and Wario Land series.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Honestly, they're probably more challenging than Wario Land 1. The challenge isn't in the possibility of dying, but rather the player's ability to overcome the challenges placed before them (while still being able to haul away a decent collection of loot).

Yeah, I shouldn't have used my money on it. Maybe if they revive the series, they could call it "Wario's New Land" with Mario gameplay, still with shoulder bashing and other whatnots for the NX. Maybe have 4 players like NSMB and have Waluigi and Ashley in there.

Alas, probably won't come true but if it does I'd so buy that. The only Wario thing I'm sticking to is ware, unless Ashley isn't in it I'll wait for the next ware, which is unlikely since Ashley's like, the star. I'm talking to much.

Yeah, I shouldn't have used my money on it. Maybe if they revive the series, they could call it "Wario's New Land" with Mario gameplay, still with shoulder bashing and other whatnots for the NX. Maybe have 4 players like NSMB and have Waluigi and Ashley in there.

Alas, probably won't come true but if it does I'd so buy that. The only Wario thing I'm sticking to is ware, unless Ashley isn't in it I'll wait for the next ware, which is unlikely since Ashley's like, the star. I'm talking to much.
You know nearly everyone of us would hate that, don't you? d:p

What mannerisms, you speak in such words I never heard before, I never heard the term "each to their own" in my life before. That's weird, but that's okay. Everyone's different, you being old I'd assume you type funny as well.

Well, it's great because everyone loves a good Mario platformer, it's why New Super Mario Bros sold so much, people just love going from start to finish easily, without backtracking or solving so complex puzzles.

With added Ashley sales will boost ten fold! (Opinion based, don't bring harm to Ashley you meanies!)

What mannerisms, you speak in such words I never heard before, I never heard the term "each to their own" in my life before. That's weird, but that's okay. Everyone's different, you being old I'd assume you type funny as well.

Well, it's great because everyone loves a good Mario platformer, it's why New Super Mario Bros sold so much, people just love going from start to finish easily, without backtracking or solving so complex puzzles.

With added Ashley sales will boost ten fold! (Opinion based, don't bring harm to Ashley you meanies!)
Old? He's quite young d:p

Back