Anyone find the instant kill stuff weird in Wario Land 1?

So? It's just a joke though, my sister calls me old even though we're only one year apart. By the way, when I said
for my great out going ideas.
It was meant to be taken as a joke, mostly because it was stupid. You don't need to take EVERYTHING I say so seriously.
8z1vvIf.png

So? It's just a joke though, my sister calls me old even though we're only one year apart. By the way, when I said It was meant to be taken as a joke, mostly because it was stupid. You don't need to take EVERYTHING I say so seriously.
8z1vvIf.png
Hard to tell when you're serious and when you're not.

Yeah, sarcasm isn't always easy to detect online. That's why my sarcasm tends to involve heavy emphasis on words and phrases like "totally" and the like. For example: "Yes, 19 is most definitely old. In no way is a length of two years a small age difference."

Back on topic, I don't feel like making Wario Land more like a Mario game is really necessary. That's what New Super Mario Bros. 2 is for. It's a series that has its own identity by now.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
If Wario's new Land ever happens, it'll be fun having 4 player Wario. Wario, Waluigi, Ashley and Captain syrup. You'll have to admit that, playing as those characters in a full official Wario game for the Wii u/NX would be freaking epic!

Playing like NSMB could be an opinion, Wario and Waluigi could use a shoulder bash, Ashley could use a magic blast and syrup can use, like...a canon if that's her thing.

Summary: Wario Land 1 is different from other installments in that there are ways to instantly die. While some may find this odd, others find that it allows the series to remain somewhat Mario-like while developing the main characteristics of a Wario Land game. And that's basically the most we got out of the main topic.

Back on topic. I don't find it weird, to say. Because I never played it, but it sounds normal to me because I'm more of a Mario player myself. To me not dying in a single hit or nothing is weird to me in the later Wario land games.

Just doesn't feel right to me.
tzq10WI.png

Back on topic. I don't find it weird, to say. Because I never played it, but it sounds normal to me because I'm more of a Mario player myself. To me not dying in a single hit or nothing is weird to me in the later Wario land games.

Just doesn't feel right to me.
tzq10WI.png

It's not Mario so stop treating it like it should be Mario.

I'm not saying it should be Mario, even though the first game is sort of like it.
dance.gif

I dunno, when I hear of a Mario character getting a spin off I assume it'll play like Mario if it's a platformer, aside from DK. I knew from the start he'd have some fun games.

Am I getting an anger vibe off you? Sorry if I get you angry
mario_head_bang_emoticon_by_luigibroz-d7kbidl.gif

Edit - So, yeah, I don't find it weird. My final answer.

I already said I knew DK was different from the start. Man and Ape do thing differently, as for Yoshi I had no opinion on it when I played it, because I wasn't born when it came out. When I played it on DS It felt different, so I knew Yoshi was his own thing.

But because of how similar Mario and Wario looked (Clothes wise) I assumed Wario would play like Mario, and he did for a short time.

Alright, thanks for making that clear.
temmie_icon___free_for_use_by_crystallinevulpine-d9bi4vg.gif
Now I know my basic Wario land things, I'll need to buy the Wario Land starter pack right away.
Shouldn't you rather not, looking at this?
Well that sucks, I guess Wario Land isn't for me. I just want a straight forward level, get from point A to point B without dying. That's why I love Mario way more, he always has some fun games.
[/FONT]

Back