"Bad games" that you love

(too lazy to search for a small image :p)
2705980-feature_freedomwars_20141027.jpg

while not necessarily hated, this game (and while we're at it, a few games that use the Monster Hunter formula that isnt MH (never played it, going to soon)) isnt very popular. for one thing, theres lots of grinding for materials and the difficulty late game is borderline SADISTIC. enemies can easily get cheap kills on you and you have to hope the RNG gods grant you the materials you need after whittling down the bosses legs and arms off about, i dunno, a few dozen times or so so you can do slightly more damage or have a better chance to survive a hit at full health. also, it kinda whispers secretly that its a little campy.

that being said, i sunk quite a few hours into this. the story is decent, and the gameplay is tense in a good way. and grinding? what better way to get resources than sawing it off a giant robot :p

I really love Wario: Master of Disguise, despite what everyone was saying. I like the Gameplay, the story, the graphics, the music and the humor. It was the game that made me love Wario.

I also like Devil's Third even if the Multiplayer Community became cancerous. The Story had a nice B-Movie feel to it, the Bosses were challenging, the graphics were nice and the Multiplayer was epic! (When it was more populated and before the Cheaters ruined it)

I also have a soft spot for Tenchu: Dark Secret... A game known to be one of the worst DS-Games of all time. I don't even know myself what i like about it. It IS the worst Tenchu Game but it was kinda my introduction to the series. The Gameplay wasn't good but i guess the story was decent. I liked the Characters.

My choice for a bad game that i love will be Sonic & the Black Knight!
Sonic-the-Black-Knight-sonic-and-the-black-knight-30369313-1400-1050.jpg

Seriously, this game gets a lot of flack from critics & audiences all just for one thing, the fact that Sonic has a sword, Yeah that's litteraly all.
But what they're missing out on, is some of the best writing in the franchises history, (Which is admittedly not that difficult to begin with given the franchises history.) a badass and an actually pretty sympathic villain
ess
That combined with a very badass soundtrack, (Knight of the wind is one of my favorite vocal songs in the franchise) some of the best voice acting for sonic to date, Too bad he alongside the other 4kids actors (Except for Mike Pollock) left by Free Riders. (No offense to the current voice actors which all do a mostly great job. Except for Shadow, His current voice actor sucks.) a actually pretty shocking plot twist, (I'm not going to spoil it.) a very fast pace, & plenty of stuff to do even after the story is completed, the motion control is massively improved from it's predecessor. (Sonic & the Secret Rings) makes this one of the most underrated Sonic games to date in my opinion. Sure you have to waggle the wiimote a lot, (At Least your not using it to control sonic himself) & yeah the game is very on rails through out the entire adventure. but despite that, i still consider it one of my personal favorite Sonic games, & one of his most underrated games to date. (In my opinion)

Last edited:
My choice for a bad game that i love will be Sonic & the Black Knight!
View attachment 3047
Seriously, this game gets a lot of flack from critics & audiences all just for one thing, the fact that Sonic has a sword, Yeah that's litteraly all.
But what they're missing out on, is some of the best writing in the franchises history, (Which is admittedly not that difficult to begin with given the franchises history.) a badass and an actually pretty sympathic villain
ess
That combined with a very badass soundtrack, (Knight of the wind is one of my favorite vocal songs in the franchise) some of the best voice acting for sonic to date, Too bad he alongside the other 4kids actors (Except for Mike Pollock) left by Free Riders. (No offense to the current voice actors which all do a mostly great job. Except for Shadow, His current voice actor sucks.) a actually pretty shocking plot twist, (I'm not going to spoil it.) a very fast pace, & plenty of stuff to do even after the story is completed, the motion control is massively improved from it's predecessor. (Sonic & the Secret Rings) makes this one of the most underrated Sonic games to date in my opinion. Sure you have to waggle the wiimote a lot, (At Least your not using it to control sonic himself) & yeah the game is very on rails through out the entire adventure. but despite that, i still consider it one of my personal favorite Sonic games, & one of his most underrated games to date. (In my opinion)

I used to watch my little bro play that game years ago. I never gave it a proper try myself, but I thought it looked like a lot of fun and was a creative concept to throw the Sonic gang into (if a little bizarre). Nothing struck me as particularly bad about the game. I can definitely see how it wouldn't be everyone's cuppa joe in regards to the style and story, but it never struck me as something to be shamed.

Most people really disliked Shadow the Hedgehog, but while the game is certainly flawed, I do not think it warrants the amount of vitrol it gets. A lot of the criticisms of the game seem to stem from the fact that it's different than most Sonic games--well no shit guys, that's 'cause it's a Shadow game. It was deliberately made to be different. While speed is still a factor, so is using weaponry and vehicles with a bigger focus on action and combat. It would be like hating Wario Land because it doesn't play like a Mario game.

Now those definitely aren't the only criticisms of the game, and there are many others that are completely 100% true, but for the most part I think this game isn't deserving of it's horrid reputation. There are far worse games, in this series alone. I will go on record to say that I own this game and I certainly enjoy it.

gun.png

Last edited:
i really enjoyed Sonic Battle on the GBA, I understand the hate but i don't care, the story mode may not be the best but the gameplay is perfect, That is HOW a GBA fighting game should be and its fun as hell. Some of my favourite memories of this game where making Emerl into the most OP fighter i can, which makes up for the bad story mode is the prizes from it, customizing Emerl. Landing hits is addicting, controls couldn't be better, Perfectly formated for a GBA in terms of mechanics and button places and, the art style in battle and the text sprites are some damn good. I don't like that it ties into Sonic Advance 3 when that doesn't have much story, though getting the good ending in SA3 was so damn sentimental for me after playing Sonic Battle.
Sonic Battle > Sonic the Fighters

I wanna get Sonic Shuffle. Ive heard its pretty boring but I want it anyway : p
ive played it when i was young. oddly enough, if feels like they tried to do their own take on mario party and did a great copy-pasting job...

oh who am i kidding, that was my entire summer one year during grade school XD

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2
People love Budokai 3
They're the same just that 3 has an updated story.
i only like budokai 3 a bit more
Does the board game esq story ruin it that much?
I mean if you like one you gotta like the other, they're practically the same.

Back