General Wario references thread (Now with Index on page 13).

Wario's punching animation in Mario Party 10 :

zlCfzTKLUvw-YU011-

reminds me of this one from the original Wario Ware:
zlCfzTKLQI8LyLczAN

Then of course there is the Wario Amiibo board:
map06png-b6dffb_960w.png

Speaks for itself really, but there are two things I would like to point out, first of the treasure chests have the same colours as in Master of Disguise:
wario-master-of-disguise-20070510010540186.jpg

And there is also a bag of money from Shake It:
zlCfzTKOVcw0gjFh0q

This Wario from the japanese Wario World cover:
JapCover_WWorld.png

can be found on these flags in Superstar Baseballs Wario Palace:
20150329_141026-1.jpg

(Not the best pic, but this one was a pain to get as it is)

Turning Wario into Gold Wario on Smash 3DS's Golden Plains stage makes him look like the statues from Wario World:
20150329_142613-1.jpg

Starfy 3 has a remix of the Wario Land 3 theme:

And Wario's Amiibo theme in Mario Party 10 is a remix of Stonecarving City:

Big kudos to CM30 btw, for beeing probably the first one to upload this on Youtube, it's been nagging me ever since I found the damn thing in the sound test.

I really don't know if it's already said since this threat is totally huge.

But Wario do a little appearance (along with other Nintendo characters) in the audience of the King Dedede fight in Kirby Super Star Ultra.

tumblr_mkngisRrru1rrftcdo2_500.gif

warelander already got this one, but it is indeed a nice addition from Ultra. As a new feature added in the remake, I like seeing Wario there more than the entirety of that Meta Knight mode, but that's another subject.

Starfy 3 has a remix of the Wario Land 3 theme:

And Wario's Amiibo theme in Mario Party 10 is a remix of Stonecarving City:

Big kudos to CM30 btw, for beeing probably the first one to upload this on Youtube, it's been nagging me ever since I found the damn thing in the sound test.

Okay, Starfy remixing Wario Land 3 music is awesome. Never would have expected that in any non Mario or Wario game, especially one where the feel was heavily based on Wario Land 4 instead.

Wario strikes the same kind of pose while laughing in Mario & Sonic 2014:

(01:50)
As he does in Master Of Disguise:
20569.png

This could very well be an intentional nod, since some of the other characters have a similar thing going on, Silver for instance actually strikes his level finished animation from Sonic 06 at one point.

Showin' the Shoulder when you select him in MK8.
It's at 1:11
By the way, why does Wario yell "Cheater!" here? The race hasn't started yet y'know....

The Nintendo edition of Monopoly has three notable Wario things:
20150504_100925-1.jpg

Clearly just the Wario World cover without the man himself.

20150504_100938-1.jpg

20150504_101136-1.jpg

Screenhots of Wario fighting Dual Dragon and Wario in Beanstalk Way respectivly, the former is on the board, while the latter is in the inside of the box.

Back