No classic Wario in Mario Maker?!?! D:

I don't like it because it has a boring story, boring characters (Toads everywhere), boring enemies, boring locations, and I still don't like the battle system.

Yup, that's what somebody who wants TTYD2 would say. Jokes aside, I get where you are coming from but the locations are pretty fun! You'll be exploring a haunted hotel, a digging site, islands with parallel universes, Battle arena, etc. Not like sticker stars boring generic worlds.

Well, it has a better story than sticker star did, which sticker star had known at all.

The rest...eh, they aren't really boring, a lot of them have a lot to say. And shyguys are the main thing here, they even talk most of the time. There was this cute Shyguy sitting down with Mario on the train ride telling him it's good to relax sometimes, but when they meet again it'll be as enemies. You meet the same ShyGuy later down the road and have to battle him, once you kill him he says "Well, if I had to go I'm glad it was by you, Mario."

This game is fun, you just have to give it a try.

You forgot to mention Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Also: That's a sad flaw in the human nature. People seem to ignore and forget the positive things and only focus on the negative.
And that's counts for almost everything. Have you ever noticed that the Newspaper prefers to give Tragedies and negative things the biggest articles while the positive get only small and short articles?
Oh, right! I played that for several hours it's pretty fun. Love the open world nature of it.

Yeah, that is why I tend to have an issue with bigger forums and communities, too much negativity for one person. Criticism has it's place, absolutely, but so does positivity.

Too bad Color Splash reviews are sky high. It's a fun game, not only because of its witty dialogue, the game is actually really fun but people such as yourself don't give it a try because it isn't TTYD2. Unless you did play it, but dislike it because it isn't TTYD2. Unless you do like it, but it still isn't TTYD2.

Also reminder Mario Party is about Mini games and Winning. I will admit I love the old Mario Party as much as the next guy, but the series is still doing fine, the car also makes my family pay attention, unlike in the older games when it was somebody's turns everyone else would turn to their phones.

I also think the hate for Federation Force is because it isn't a true Metroid game. If it were its own IP I bet people would find it fun.

...Amiibo Festival was a mistake.

I think Nintendo is doing just fine these days, just their "fans" are very picky. Some wrong turns were made, but what company hasn't taken a wrong turn here and there?

I agree for exactly these reasons! Nice to know some people also agree....

Yup, that's what somebody who wants TTYD2 would say.
I don't want TTYD2.
I want Paper Mario 3.

And shyguys are the main thing here
That would be great... if only they weren't all generic Shyguys.
You know what was the most disappointing thing to learn about the game?
They have Shy Guys.

They have a circus.
They DON'T have Groove Guys?
GrooveGuy_PM.png

WHY? WHY? WHYYYY?

The only POSSIBLE reason I can think of is because it's from Paper Mario 1 and Miyamoto doesn't want enemies that originated in Paper Mario.... which is the biggest pile of bull$#!7 backwards thinking I've ever heard.

Console would be pretty cool; I still need to play the original FE games. Fire Emblem Awakening kinda got me into the series since it had the "no death" aspect, and I don't like my characters dying. Hahaha. However, after beating Awakening and Fates I'm more inclined to give the originals a shot due to the experience with the series.

They definitely picked the right decision making the game more accessible for the masses whilst keeping the olde option intact, and the artstyle and characters are just all really cool like Lucina and such.

Awakening seemed to have saved the series as a whole and has gained a bunch of fans outside of Japan. Since for the most part this series was a Japan exclusive until melee came over, can you believe that for the international release Marth and Roy were suppose to be cut from the game. Since just now you're still getting used to the game I definitely would suggest you play the GBA games especially since two have had international releases, Sacred Stones and Rekka No Ken both for the GBA are other two starting points if you want to get the feel of the game series as well. Fates is also the sequel to Awakening available to the 3DS, yeah Lucina is fantastic I like her too.

Super Paper Mario is in my opinion the best Paper Mario in the series. I wish they would make some kind of Super Paper Mario 2, though Color Splash kind of nodded to Super Paper Mario in one of its levels.

• Agree
Reactions: Rei
I wonder if we can chalk up the lack of classic wario due to Smash's influence and I'm not strictly speaking of amiibo.

• Agree
A lot of Nintendo games can be influenced by Smash, take Mario V Donkey Kong : Amiibo For example, Bowser Jr is in his Clown kart in the game, and probably due to Smash bros, seeing as how B.Jr uses his clown kart to fight.

Smash is one of Nintendo's hugest game, so it's very well possible Warioware Wario is taking up Classic Wario for the most part, aside from Mario spin-off titles I believe. I wouldn't be surprised if Wario started wearing his ware suit in the next coming Mario Spin-off games.

That's a damn shame. Ware doesn't have the prolificacy nor the esteem that Land does. Ware lost it's dignity after the first 2 games and is nothing more than a gimmicky collection of minigames that gets old and tiring fast.
Wario Land to Wario is what Super Mario is to Mario. It doesn't work.

• Agree
It was more toned down and polished in the first two games, definitely. The later games just feel forced and doesn't have that classic factor unlike all of the Wario Land games.

• Agree
I admit, I'm not a fan of Super Paper Mario's gameplay at all really, but that story is really dang good. It's what kept me playing till the end.

• Agree
It was more toned down and polished in the first two games, definitely. The later games just feel forced and doesn't have that classic factor unlike all of the Wario Land games.

Tell me about it. A few of the microgames in Smooth Moves are gimmicky as hell. It works fine for most of them, just not when the game wants you to put the wii remote on top of your head and pretend to jump.

Back