was this a good idea?

• yes.

• no.

• eh, kinda like-hate.

• dont know.

• dont care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Whats wrong w/ Overwatch other than the character design

It almost forces the player to pay money for the item they want and you can only pay for boxes which give random items you don't want which would cause some people to pay for more boxes and still not get what they want.

NeoGaf has an increasing reputation as a pretty shitty site, and it's entirely deserved. The moderation team is smug and biased while claiming impartiality, the gaming side is overrun by shills and fanboys, and the off-topic by bitter joyless sadbrains and people who apparently feel the need to start a thread to tell the world they don't know how to wipe their asses. But it's not all shitty; despite the moderation's laudable initiative to get rid of any informative and valuable poster in favour of shrieking parasites, there are a few generally knowledgeable, interesting, and yeah, cool posters. Furthermore, because the site's userbase is large and has a relatively varied gaming background (huge console bias notwisthanding), discussions; If I start a thread about say, western games released exclusively in Japan, I get more varied and interesting response than if I made a similar thread on say, IGN. Because of that, I'd rather not lose my account if I can help it.

But I disgress, NeoGaf is a shitty site.

Today Rockstar announced a sequel to the popular game Red Dead Redemption. The only thing announced so far is its release date platforms, and a wallpaper. So of course the thread about the announcement quickly turned into this:

fjU4tV1.png

SFO3DDd.png

While the beginning of thread was mostly excitement about there being a sequel to a beloved game, mod-favoured SocJus hysterics like the guy screencaped above quickly derailled the thread about being about representation in video games, and the muds obliged: anyone who argued to maybe wait for more media than a singled red and black wallpaper before casting damning edicts on Rockstar was banned, some permanently. The thread was even locked to "clean the filth". There's been ton of instances like this, and the message is clear: if you don't have the Correct Opinion on social matters, you're not welcome. It doesn't matter that the site's views are in freefall or that the owner complains the forum is becoming unprofitable; the muds know that, and they don't give a shit. The satisfaction of self-righteousness is more important than making a forum that doesn't suck.

So, um the point of this little outburst... well "outburst", more like low-key ressentment that's been brewing in the past month... It's not an ethical dillema or anything, but sometimes I ponder if by posting there without speaking out about its horribad moderating practices, I'm not indirectly encouraging what I think are annoying and draining trends in videogame discussions. Again, it's not an huge problem that's KILLING ME INSIDE; moderators beign dicks on a video game forum ranks pretty low on the list of the list of pressing problems, and if push come to shove, I could easily contact most of the people I don't hate if I truly desire it. But sometimes I'm left to ponder.

*hits bong* Peace, man.

NeoGaf has an increasing reputation as a pretty shitty site, and it's entirely deserved. The moderation team is smug and biased while claiming impartiality, the gaming side is overrun by shills and fanboys, and the off-topic by bitter joyless sadbrains and people who apparently feel the need to start a thread to tell the world they don't know how to wipe their asses. But it's not all shitty; despite the moderation's laudable initiative to get rid of any informative and valuable poster in favour of shrieking parasites, there are a few generally knowledgeable, interesting, and yeah, cool posters. Furthermore, because the site's userbase is large and has a relatively varied gaming background (huge console bias notwisthanding), discussions; If I start a thread about say, western games released exclusively in Japan, I get more varied and interesting response than if I made a similar thread on say, IGN. Because of that, I'd rather not lose my account if I can help it.

But I disgress, NeoGaf is a shitty site.

Today Rockstar announced a sequel to the popular game Red Dead Redemption. The only thing announced so far is its release date platforms, and a wallpaper. So of course the thread about the announcement quickly turned into this:

fjU4tV1.png

SFO3DDd.png

While the beginning of thread was mostly excitement about there being a sequel to a beloved game, mod-favoured SocJus hysterics like the guy screencaped above quickly derailled the thread about being about representation in video games, and the muds obliged: anyone who argued to maybe wait for more media than a singled red and black wallpaper before casting damning edicts on Rockstar was banned, some permanently. The thread was even locked to "clean the filth". There's been ton of instances like this, and the message is clear: if you don't have the Correct Opinion on social matters, you're not welcome. It doesn't matter that the site's views are in freefall or that the owner complains the forum is becoming unprofitable; the muds know that, and they don't give a shit. The satisfaction of self-righteousness is more important than making a forum that doesn't suck.

So, um the point of this little outburst... well "outburst", more like low-key ressentment that's been brewing in the past month... It's not an ethical dillema or anything, but sometimes I ponder if by posting there without speaking out about its horribad moderating practices, I'm not indirectly encouraging what I think are annoying and draining trends in videogame discussions. Again, it's not an huge problem that's KILLING ME INSIDE; moderators beign dicks on a video game forum ranks pretty low on the list of the list of pressing problems, and if push come to shove, I could easily contact most of the people I don't hate if I truly desire it. But sometimes I'm left to ponder.

*hits bong* Peace, man.

I feel like most of the people who say this stuff tend to be white guys trying to get brownie points

The worst thing is: If you are white (especially if you speak german) and you have the choice between white Characters and black Characters and choose a white Character you get called out for being a Nazi who thinks that white men are superior...
Grrr:
If you choose a black Character (Which i do alot because they look often cooler) however you get called out for doing Virtual Blackface...
Huhwaht?:
Trust me... I got called out for BOTH by Miiverse SJWs...
I mean: WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO CHOOSE?!?
A Two-face ripoff who is half white and half black?!?
sweetjesus:

I feel like most of the people who say this stuff tend to be white guys trying to get brownie points

I'm not MRA enough to suggest white people can't care about social justice issues and there aren't good moral people fighting against social injustices in the west, but there's this trend of loud white guy grandstanding about how progressive and woke they are, only to turn out they have an history of serious harrasement and abuse

For example, Devin Faraci is (was?) a popular-ish online movie critic (and huge dick) know for grandstanding about feminism and social issues in basically everything he did, and using that as a bludgeon to harass people he did not like. He was one of the people who lead a witch hunt against James Rolfe when he posted a video explaining why he did not want to see the new Ghostbusters movie.

Dqhv1W5.png

THE SOFT SEXISM OF HATING THE NEW GHOSTBUSTERS

So, of cours, last week, a woman spoke up and said Faraci had sexually harassed her. Oh.

You know what sucks dick, turning on the shower to only have to adjust it and try as you might it never gets to that comfortable temperature. It's always a little too hot or a little too cold.
okay shel silverstein. :3

you know, what really bothers me is this war on fanbases. (not referring to anyone here)
people seem to have a big problem with people liking certain characters or games because they're "overrated" or some such thing and viciously attack things as well as bully people who like them, probably to get attention for themselves. believe me, a few fanbases can be very annoying and cringy, like lewd fanfictions, and and that part should be frowned upon, but people act like its a crime to find enjoyment in things.

On that^, Id like to say that I dont personally see much war over someone not liking a character (of course I dont hang out on gaming forums all that much and I may just totally not be seeing them myself : p) but I do see people who become too angry if someone doesnt like their favorite character.

I personally dont care if people like the things I like, I dont like them for you : p Though if someone did make it their personal mission to constantly try to bash things I like to me personally, Im sure Id get annoyed : p

Of course, Im not perfect. When people say dumb things like "you cant write music on a bass guitar" I tend to get pretty grumpy : p

okay shel silverstein. :3

you know, what really bothers me is this war on fanbases. (not referring to anyone here)
people seem to have a big problem with people liking certain characters or games because they're "overrated" or some such thing and viciously attack things as well as bully people who like them, probably to get attention for themselves. believe me, a few fanbases can be very annoying and cringy, like lewd fanfictions, and and that part should be frowned upon, but people act like its a crime to find enjoyment in things.

One thing that really pisses me off is someone who obsesses over a fictional girl and bashes people for not liking said fictional girl and bashes others for liking a fictional girl they don't like. These damn fools ruin every video game and anime community they step in with their mental obsessions, general vitriolic and abnormal ways of thinking and severe lack of social interaction skills and general stupidity.
The thing is, these communities attract too much of these idiots and it's a shame I have to deal with them on the 'net because I enjoy not seeing them when I go out or just by having their presence ignored by everyone including me. But on the internet they have too much platform for their unhealthy and perverse ways.

They're obnoxious, annoying, and possibly are in high numbers because I suspect its because society's way of coddling people with "complications" as being "unique" or "rare". Though we all know they're annoying freaks that get treated like the social pariahs they deserve to be.

It's just not the fact they obsess over a fictional girl (or girls), its just the temperament and psychology that generally comes with that type. I swear they're one of the worst people I have had the displeasure of interacting. It's like what they say its on a constant repeat and they never change their thoughts and they do anything to feed their unhealthy, insecure fantasies with false projections on fake things and argue against anyone who tries to get them out of that perpetual thinking of self-pity and hedonism. Even worse if they find someone to enable those thoughts and make a huge circle jerk over it (which usually happens, lol).

It's ok if you want to damage yourself mentally but don't put your dumb shit where I go because I don't want to see that creepy shit

It doesn't help they don't have an ounce of charisma or social skills to make themselves... slightly tolerable? And you always get the creeping feeling they make things uncomfortable for everyone around them IRL. So you just gotta laugh and shake your head in pity.

Goodness, I hope my children never come out like that. I'll make sure I'm one hell of a good parent.

You guys don't understand how much visceral repulsion and disgust I look at these people. I truly look down on them and I'll never accept them. Honestly.

Last edited:
One thing that really pisses me off is someone who obsesses over a fictional girl and bashes people for not liking said fictional girl and bashes others for liking a fictional girl they don't like. These damn fools ruin every video game and anime community they step in with their mental obsessions, general vitriolic and abnormal ways of thinking and severe lack of social interaction skills and general stupidity.
The thing is, these communities attract too much of these idiots and it's a shame I have to deal with them on the 'net because I enjoy not seeing them when I go out or just by having their presence ignored by everyone including me. But on the internet they have too much platform for their unhealthy and perverse ways.

They're obnoxious, annoying, and possibly are in high numbers because I suspect its because society's way of coddling people with "complications" as being "unique" or "rare". Though we all know they're annoying freaks that get treated like the social pariahs they deserve to be.

It's just not the fact they obsess over a fictional girl (or girls), its just the temperament and psychology that generally comes with that type. I swear they're one of the worst people I have had the displeasure of interacting. It's like what they say its on a constant repeat and they never change their thoughts and they do anything to feed their unhealthy, insecure fantasies with false projections on fake things and argue against anyone who tries to get them out of that perpetual thinking of self-pity and hedonism. Even worse if they find someone to enable those thoughts and make a huge circle jerk over it (which usually happens, lol).

It's ok if you want to damage yourself mentally but don't put your dumb shit where I go because I don't want to see that creepy shit

It doesn't help they don't have an ounce of charisma or social skills to make themselves... slightly tolerable? And you always get the creeping feeling they make things uncomfortable for everyone around them IRL. So you just gotta laugh and shake your head in pity.

Goodness, I hope my children never come out like that. I'll make sure I'm one hell of a good parent.

You guys don't understand how much visceral repulsion and disgust I look at these people. I truly look down on them and I'll never accept them. Honestly.
I can uderstand you and agree with but are you talking about a specific person? Maybe even someone in this forum? I get the feeling but i might just imagine it...

A forum I used to go on 8 years ago had a guy who was really obsessed with Rosalina that he "married" her. Weird as hell, but he doesn't get mad when people don't like her and he seems alright, so whatever. It's only when people like that who can't stand any criticism at all whatsoever and throw fits over someone not liking their 'waifu' is when they're annoying.

Back