Shantae Thread

Screenshot_2016-11-17-14-00-25_kindlephoto-485549840.jpg

tumblr_nwsy0vPzU51soy3odo1_400.gif

i_dream_of_a_half_genie_by_omegasunburst-d6ifoew.png
tea_on_the_balcony_by_omegasunburst-d6gik9i.png

Last edited:
So apparently, this show "Lakewood Plaza Turbo" on Cartoon Network had an episode which included this character:

shant c.png

Strange coincidence? Or is it a direct reference to our beloved half-genie?

Last edited:
Reactions: 607
I have no idea whether this is intentional, but if this show is from after 2002 that may likely be the case.
A similar thing happened in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show! with Wario:
WarioSMBSS.jpg

This was before Wario btw.

THANK YOU.png

THE GAME IS FINISHED!

From WF:
"What an incredible experience this has been! As you know, this was a very long development cycle, and we’re grateful for your support and patience. This project was always about working together to create a product that was shaped by fans, for fans, and now that work is complete! Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!

The game has been submitted to Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, and Steam, and digital storefronts are being created. Because this is a global release, we’re working with teams in each territory to establish a unified release date. We’ll let you know the INSTANT we find out when the game will be live! And this probably goes without saying, but of course we’ll do everything in our power to get the game released to backers early."

Ladies and gentlemen, it's happening

ITS HAPPENING

Oh! Shantae Half Genie Hero is finished? Sugoi!!
I cannot wait to play it! \(^-^)/

Me either Yui-Chan. It's been a long road, but I have no doubt the game will more than make up for it. The goal was to craft the best Shantae game ever, and by the looks of it, they have succeeded. 10 transformations! 5 playable characters! Those visuals, that music! This thing is going to be Game of the Year for All Years
shanty cute.jpg

I was listening to the offical soundtracks of Risky's Revenge and Pirate's Curse, and found another similarty in the music.

The riff you hear in this piece (and is essentially a sped up version of Burning Town) between 0:22 and 0:28

was used earlier in the Dungeon music of Risky's Revenge, between 1:18 and 1:25.

This was actually quite a surprise to me and I didn't notice until today.:shantdance3:

Jake Kaufman is master. He's like the Koji Kondo of Wayforward.

Absolutely. That's what struck me about his work almost immediately--how much it reminded me of the great video game composers of the '90s, the stuff that spoke to me when I was a kid. He's going places, for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 607
from WayForward:

December 20th is Digital Launch!
This is it - the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The digital version of Shantae: Half-Genie Hero now has an official release date of December 20!

This release includes:

• Steam for Window PC - worldwide
  • Xbox One - worldwide
  • PS4 & Vita - North America & Europe
  • Wii U - North America & Europe (awaiting final confirmation)
If you’re curious about the retail versions, look to Xseed for an announcement shortly! Spread the word! Half-Genie Hero is just a couple of weeks away!

halfgenie.png

Back