Shantae Thread

Damn Shanty, that was savage

tumblr_ny38byFbcH1upefeno1_1280.jpg

I don't know if this interests you... but it's free DLC available now if you have Runbow
tumblr_inline_ofk6wdk8NA1sndoku_1280.png

You bet, If it involves Shae Shae i'm interested, lol.
I heard about this but don't know too much about it, I may have to grab it solely for the genie.

Something similiar is happening with the upcoming Indivisible from Lab Zero...Shants appears as a guest character. Too cool.

Shant indivisible.png

Lookin' good Shantae!

Last edited:
Reactions: 607
Gum, anyone?

Boy, she'll never get that out if it makes contact. Beat ya feet, Shantae! Run!

It's only until now that I get the joke.:Sheadsmack: Man , I feel so stupid sometimes. seriously?:

btw, What's the music you associate the strongest with the series? For me it is this one,

because it marked the point that I really started to like the game, and the series as a whole.

It's only until now that I get the joke.:Sheadsmack: Man , I feel so stupid sometimes. seriously?:

btw, What's t
he music you associate the strongest with the series? For me it is this one,

because it marked the point that I really started to like the game, and the series as a whole.

Good choice. Y'know, I'll probably have to go with the obvious (boring) answer here and say "Burning Town" and it's various iterations.

It's a series staple and has become as iconic as Shants' monster whipper.
54e111dc77bae.gif

So what is this series about anyway? is it a puzzle platformer type game? I haven't seen much gameplay of this at all - for all I know it could be an RPG ;p

It's a series of exploratory 2D platformers in a Metroid/Castlevania style ("Metroidvania") that began on the Game Boy Color back in 2002. It shares a few similiarities with, and is partially inspired by, the Wario Land series. Basically you take the role of Shantae, a young "half-genie", who is the Guardian Genie of Scuttle Town, a small port town on the coast of Sequin Land. She protects the town from a variety of threats, mostly from the nefarious lady pirate Risky Boots, who is constantly hatching some sort of evil scheme against the town. Shantae is an accomplished belly dancer, and her gameplay "gimmick" revolves around using her dance moves to transform into various animals and mythological creatures to solve puzzles, fight enemies and traverse the landscape. The third game, however, sees a change in gameplay as her genie powers are taken away, forcing her to have to use various pirate tools and weapons to save the day.

It's pretty much the best shit ever.

Videogame-Shantae-gif.gif

Wow, it's inspired by the Wario Land series? huh, neat. Now that you mention it I think I owned this game on the Gameboy, but it was probably lost overtime like the rest of my gameboy games, see, I was too young to understand a game like this, which is why I probably don't remember it much. So it's a mix of platforming and puzzles? sounds fun, but knowing me I'll probably get stuck for awhile.

Puzzle games aren't really my thing, but I found WindWaker and Color Splash fun, so why not? maybe I should give it a try, I've been looking for a game to play that isn't Mario.

Wow, it's inspired by the Wario Land series? huh, neat. Now that you mention it I think I owned this game on the Gameboy, but it was probably lost overtime like the rest of my gameboy games, see, I was too young to understand a game like this, which is why I probably don't remember it much. So it's a mix of platforming and puzzles? sounds fun, but knowing me I'll probably get stuck for awhile.

Puzzle games aren't really my thing, but I found WindWaker and Color Splash fun, so why not? maybe I should give it a try, I've been looking for a game to play that isn't Mario.

The "puzzles" are aren't too bad. Nothing worse than anything you'd see in a Wario game. You should give it a shot, we need all the fans we can get. It's really a great series. I wouldn't obsess over it if it wasn't, believe me.

Oh, also, the writing is superb. It's hilarious.

outlandish outfit.jpg

If you say so! I don't mind a huge challenge, whatever makes the game longer and more enjoyable. I got stuck in Wario Land a whole lot, to the point where having fun turned more into a chore when looking for the right things I needed. (not to say I don't like Wario, I like his character!)

Lol, the writing does look promising! that's funny, didn't expect for her to say something like that. Xp

Back