Sonic the Hedgehog Thread

Although I understand the Sonic Mania title screen is meant to be like the elaborately done title screens of the Genesis games, I can't help but feel like it's almost making fun of the first game's title screen. It's just so goofy and overdone.

Generations is still already one of my favorite Sonic titles to date, I'm fine with some sort of sequel... Hell, I remember the original plans for a third Sonic based on the Dreamcast era to be playable initially, I'd like to see that idea brought back.

It kinda makes me think of the Daytona USA (from Sega Saturn) theme actually : p (I really liked that theme as a kid though : p)

I'm tired of people posting their opinions about Sonic they got from ebin game reviewers or "funny xd" news articles.
It's true the franchise had a lot of less-than-solid games, but acting like Unleashed was the worst game ever and that anything after Sonic 1 is terrible is insane. What made me more mad was some little kid had the nerve to say Mania looks lazy. Kid couldn't be more older than 14. Wonder where he got it from? lmao

It's really an obsession for some people. Just like how so many people are obsessed with Nintendo failing.

I think that's a bit of a problem with the whole current "gaming culture"(I hate that term) with how hive minded it can get in regards to current things and how relatively easily people can get swayed by popular figures.

Ugh, I really freaking hate how everything is becoming a "sub-culture" anymore. Like you cant become a fan of something without joining their society. I think its ruining everything, not just games. But just using games as an example, people just end up following the trends over actually having any original thoughts or opinions on their own.
"You like Sonic? Thats really stupid, Sonic is terrible"
"Have you played any of their games?"
"No, but everyone says theyre terrible"
I hate how people have to form these societies and follow the leaders who pick the trends. I refuse to even acknowledge certain things just because of this (you probly wont ever see me us "lol" or reference popular memes ever : p)

Oh, I got this btw

sonicamykeychain_large_1024x1024.jpg

I have it attached to my bag : p

It feels like the whole teens to early 20s demographic has become homogenized in terms of opinions and mindset due to the internet. I find it way more interesting to hear older people's opinions.

The long thin appendages from the SA artstyle also is carried on with the fever style of Puyo games. So maybe Puyo characters would best fit doing that Sonic pose perhaps Akuma after all he's as blue as Sonic.

Am I the only one who notices that Classic Sonic model in the CG trailers look slightly different? Must be the color or his eyebrows looking smaller in-game. Also why is Sonic mouth and belly so yellow in the modern game compared to every other game?

Back