4. Super Mario RPG : Secret of the Seven Stars
5. Mario & Luigi : Dream Team
6. Mario & Luigi : Bowser's Inside Story
7. Mario & Luigi : Partners In Time
8. Super Paper Mario
9. Paper Mario : Sticker Star

A new Mario game was announced yesterday:
Puzzle_DragonsSMBEditionCover.png

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/7/7512563/puzzle-dragons-super-mario-bros-nintendo-3ds-gungho

Not quite a Mario RPG in the traditional sense, thought it is part RPG so it does have it's place here.
I can't really say much since I have never played a Puzzles & Dragons game, it looks neat, I'l definentally get it beeing a Mario geek and all, but I hope that the Mario content isn't just limited to New Super Mario Bros stuff.
An overseas release has already been confirmed:
https://mobile.twitter.com/PuzzDragNA/status/553066472348467201
And here is the official site (it's in japanese thought) :
http://pad-m.gungho.jp/

Why does that remind me of Fortune Street for some reason? Anyway, it does look interesting, even if it's more of a new attempt to tack Mario on something rather than an actual Mario RPG.

A gameplay video that shows a stage in better detail:

Say what you will about the NewSMB artstyle I do think that this game so far looks rather nice visually, especially for a budget title.
As for anything else, I'm courious to see what this game is going to bring as far as story and characters are concerned, I'm not expecting anything huge and I'm definentally not expecting the likes of Wario,Waluigi,Daisy,Donkey Kong or E.Gadd to show up, but there does seem to be something there:
8P7K51r-1.jpeg

No I'm not talking about Peach beeing kidnapped, I'm talking about those orb thingies that also seem to be a story element, but even if that's not the case I wouldn't be too disapointed since this is obviously not meant to be the next big branch of the Mario RPG line up, I'm mainly looking forward to this because I love Mario Puzzle games and I find the idea of mixing it with RPG elements very intruiging and if it has a bit of story to it than that's even better.

Mario RPGs are fantastic. TTYD is the best and 1 of my all time favorite games, but I love them all (haven't played sticker star yet though)

I also remember wearing a Wario suit as Mario in TTYD which was cool

My one true Nintendo E3 2015 highlight:

You know out of all of the gimmicks that I thought of for new M&L istallments a crossover with Paper Mario was never among them, but that just makes this all the more amazing to me.

Also:
Mario_Luigi_Paper_Mario_and_Starlow.jpg

Tad artwork yo.

I'm not optimistic for this at all. Considering Sticker Star, this may very well actually be "Paper Mario" (as in the new interpretation of the series given by Miyamoto's crap team) dragging the M&L series down to hell.

Is... is this a retcon for Sticker Star? That book looks like the one from the intro of Sticker Star....

Ok, here's my headcannon:
Boom_Guy_Pit.png

Sticker Star's world is located in that book and is seperate from the other Paper Mario games. That's why it's so different, lifeless and dull.
And at the end of the game when all the Paper characters return to the book Luigi "accidentally" drops it into lava and we never have to hear from Sticker Star's Universe ever again ever. Never ever ever.
The End.

I really hope there are Mario RPG characters in this one (beyond Chippy). I just don't expect much because between AlphaDream and Nintendo, the latter is stronger, and we know what Nintendo did to Paper Mario in Sticker Star...

Footage of the papercraft boss battle:
The Mega Papercraft Goomba actually has a crown that seems to be based of the Goomba King's one:
Goomboss.JPG

Goombossrace.png

Mario%26LuigiPaperJam_E3_Screen_10.jpg

Would be neat if this was intentional.

Last edited:
First we have giant bowser battles then giant Luigi and now giant Mario battles.
Is this game supposed to be dream teams equivalent to the year of Luigi but now Mario instead?
I mean in dream team, in the dream world you could battle with multiple Luigis and now you can battle with Marios.
PLUS they were really pushing Mario for his anniversary.

Back