The Mega Man series

I got the Mega Man X collection

I intend to write my indepth thougt about all the Mega Men... X eventually, but for now, can I say Mega Man's extremely unforgiving respawning of any enemy if you ever dare move a millimeter too much is by far its worst quality

One thing I gotta commend the X Collection for is the fact that they used an in-house team to port the games, instead of outsourcing it to Atomic Planet like they did with the Anniversary Collection.

I will maintain that the Anniversary Collection isn't bad if you don't own the originals, and heck, even after I got better versions of 1-8, I hang on to it for the arcade games that otherwise never left Japan, but I do gotta agree the ports aren't the best.

Felt like the Anniversary Collections for both the classic and X series would have probably played better on the PS2. I've gotten used to it with the GC controller but I remembered having X4-X6 on PS1 that played a bit more smoothly, maybe it's just control configurations. Yeah the enemy respawn time for the X series can be very brutal at times not sure if it's just the port differences since I remember it was like that for X1 on the SNES which I owned before. Like how they gave you an extra game on the X collection Battle n Chase a fun little game.

does mega man x5 has the most useless and condescending tutorial prompts in any game ever

"jump on the platform to proceed" thank you alia you useless cunt

What the literal fuck, Capcom. The IOS port of Sonic 1 played just fine yet you can't port the NES games?

Last edited:
Those ports are sickening. I figured Capcom would hopefully learn their lesson after the original Mega Man 2 iOS release, but nope they haven't learned shit. (Oh course Mega Man and Touch Controls tend to mix horribly due to the games having moments where a lot of tight and precise jumps are needed, and touch controls don't have the sensitivity and Pressure that physical buttons have.) Seriously a NES emulator can run these games better then these shitty ports, and the fact that this is the first thing we're got for the 30th anniversary this year is just embarrassing. Seriously you think with Mega Man being Capcom's former flagship IP, that they'll treat it better then they do now. But they don't.

Last edited:
Amazing, and as always, great to see some recognition for some tracks that aren't Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 2 or aren't from Mega Man 2 at all for that matter.

A random thought that came to my mind, while playing Powered Up again, has anyone here ever played the DOS games or been tempted to do so?

I haven't played them myself, but a part of me honestly wants to, just to experience myself how utterly trashy they are.

I played MM and MM3 on DOS. Don't do it, Not even for joke just DON'T. They're not like Sonic 06 where it is so bad its good, It's just BAD. Spare your sanity.

A random thought that came to my mind, while playing Powered Up again, has anyone here ever played the DOS games or been tempted to do so?

I haven't played them myself, but a part of me honestly wants to, just to experience myself how utterly trashy they are.

Powered Up is fun, honestly wish they did more than just Megaman 1 and Megaman X1(Yes there was even a Mavericks Powered Up like remake on the psp too). Playing as Roll with the Toadman hoodie is the cutest, best robot.

Have not played the DOS games but I can honestly say it's not worth it. Similar with people's interest in the Zelda CD-i games you aren't missing much, the games are unresponsive there's no music and for some reason they skip Megaman 2 so its just Megaman 1 and then Megaman 3(with weird color palettes of the robots). Checked the games before and they just felt like they were incomplete mind you the games wonky even more so than the original Megaman or the " ice " like physiques in the Wily Wars.

Oh both Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X are great, would have loved to see more as well and I play as Roll in Powered Up all the time, mostly the Mega Man 8 version, but all of the Rolls are beyond lovely.

I did watch the DOS games in full and I know that I'm not missing anything by skipping them, it's just one of those cases were morbid curiosity is tempting me to try them at least once myself and then never again.

Back