Would you want an actual game based on those Ashley RPG badges?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
You know, the ones Nintendo seems to be giving away in the Nintendo Badge Arcade game at the moment:

R0Tk5pU.jpg

ZKiDgED.jpg

A9Z0rQ6.jpg

Personally, I do. Partly because it'd be some semblance of a Wario related game after a long drought, and may get a few more people interested in WarioWare (and then Wario Land from that).

And partly becase hey, I hate seeing game like resources without an actual game related to it. It's why I despise those Unreal Engine demos so much. Because I want a real Mario or Zelda fan game like that, not a tech demo.

It's why I prefer this one:

Because the maker actually plans to develop a full remake in this style, not just a 'look how good I am in Unity/Unreal engine' demo.

So what do you think?

Nintendo's Ashley starring in her very own game, that would be a blast! Nintendo could do a lot of fun things with it, since she's a witch and all - plus the story could be great as well!

How about a story that doesn't involve saving the world, what if Ashley so happens to save it? For example : The main villain has something Ashley wants/needs so she set's out to find him/her and defeat him/her herself. After that she's treated as a hero but quickly get's mad and tells everyone she couldn't care less what happened to them, all she wanted was this one ingredient.

I dunno, maybe something like that? or maybe she goes on this grand big adventure to find the perfect spell? something that'll aid her in Ashley's witchcraft? Ah, I'm sure Nintendo would think of something amazing for a character like Ashley.

Maybe a switch title? some sort of downloadable title from the Eshop perhaps? I think a sprite RPG like that would better fit the 3ds though, just my thoughts.

Who knows, this is an RPG afterall - Ashley might end up making new friends on the way, new characters that exist in Ashley's game.

Oh, can't forget Red either! he'll be Ashley's first (and only?) party member!

An Ashley and Red RPG could happen and would work well with a character like Ashley, just by being a witch it'll add some flavor the other Mario RPG's don't have, plus a game for Ashley could give the chance for a well written character, a backstory, a full personality and much more! I'd love to see Ashley given these stuff.

I want to see her have interactions with other characters, see how she reacts to things. I think Ashley deserves better, it doesn't even have to be an RPG, maybe even a platformer using Ashley's many powers to get through the levels/stages.

Add Ashley's wand aka Red to help throughout the adventure. I don't think Ashley has to only be a Wario character now, maybe she could be her own character.

It would be so amazing to finally see a character such as Ashley have her own video game title, even if it's a small Eshop title.

I know I going to get a lot of hate for this, but Ashley, like her or not,
Does admittedly have a lot more potential compared to the rest of the crew. So an rpg or a classic zelda styled game featuring her would be interesting, However!! I think there are characters that deserve
That deserve their own game far more then she does. Like Waluigi, Bowser or even Peach, Hell what about a Captain Syrup game, That would be neat to see, Imagine being a pirate going around unique and varied islands and getting all sorts of ancient treasures, or what about a daisy game, where you play as Princess Daisy and you have to save your kingdom from tatanga, that would be fun to see. So in the end, I think a Ashley game would be interesting to see and hell maybe it can even be fun,
I just think she's pretty low priority when it comes to who deserves their own game.

TLDR: Ashley has potential and I wouldn't mind if Nintendo does announce one, but there are other characters I rather see get their own game before she does.

Last edited:
If Wario Land isn't doing so well, I wouldn't count on a Captain Syrup title for ages to come. Bowser? what would that even be about? kidnapping the Princess? going through 8 worlds on your Koopa Clown cart? lol.

Waluigi on the other hand does have potential for a video game, I just don't know what it could be about.

latest

Did we forget about Super Princess Peach? she already has her own game, a fun game actually!

TLDR: Ashley has potential and I wouldn't mind if Nintendo does announce one, but there are other characters I rather see get their own game before she does.

Not to be rude, but if Ashley get's a game before them it doesn't mean these characters won't get a game later down the road.

I understand Bowser, peach and Waluigi having higher priority than Ashley, but I'm sure Captain Syrup isn't priority number one, or at least above Ashley in that regard. I think Ashley has higher priority than any Wario character as of this time --- aside from Wario himself that is. That isn't to say Ashley is at a real high priority on Nintendo's list, but she's up there, if she wasn't, what is with all this Ashley stuff recently? o.o

(I said priority 4 times not counting this one! whoa 0.o)

I'd prefer Ashley meeting new characters throughout her adventure, I like those kind of spin-offs where a characters origin game/show isn't mentioned a whole lot or none at all, adds more to the "I wonder if we'll see the other ware cast in here?"

Maybe a WarioWare inc cameo, as the credits roll out as Ashley flies on Red back to the city.

Ashley is flying across all the world/lands she visited at night, at the end she flies into town and one of the buildings have a giant "W" on it.

I'd prefer Ashley meeting new characters throughout her adventure, I like those kind of spin-offs where a characters origin game/show isn't mentioned a whole lot or none at all, adds more to the "I wonder if we'll see the other ware cast in here?"

Maybe a WarioWare inc cameo, as the credits roll out as Ashley flies on Red back to the city.

Ashley is flying across all the world/lands she visited at night, at the end she flies into town and one of the buildings have a giant "W" on it.

Oh I'm sure there would be plenty of interesting original characters. I don't doubt the game would be good. Get a dev like Intelligent Systems or 1-Up Studio (formerly Brownie Brown) and they'd make magic with it. (no pun intended)

Oh, Intelligent Systems did a wonderful job for Paper Mario, I'd be honored to have them work on an Ashley RPG! Though I hope they keep true to Ashley's character (how the west portrays her at least.)

Oh, Intelligent Systems did a wonderful job for Paper Mario, I'd be honored to have them work on an Ashley RPG! Though I hope they keep true to Ashley's character (how the west portrays her at least.)

I wouldn't worry about that. Her personality is pretty much set in stone across the world. I would have faith in them knowing how to portray her.

Back