Are all of the Ashley appearences leading up to something?

WVW69jQum1gYrlJO6c
Oh snap, didn't expect this badge to come out so soon. Great!

"Ashley and Nikki are ready to make a splash with their favorite weapons."

"Ashley is equipped with a .52 gal Deco! it's all pink and sparkly."

"Don't be fooled by it's appearance, it can two shot any inkling"

Awesome, another Ashley badge, along with some other neat ones. Hopefully this means we'll get more Ashley badges down the road.

tumblr_inline_n21bux3g7J1rl5dg1.png
Ashley as a character is great, great personality, relatable (such as shy to make friends) in some stuff and an awesome design! I never liked a characters design so much before, so simple yet so cool. I could go on a little longer, but people around heard be go on about her too much, lol.

i2oxf6.jpg
an Ashley spin-off game could work out wonderful, We've discussed how an Ashley game could work on the Ashley and Red thread, some ideas shared.

tumblr_inline_mqm6nm52Wr1rl5dg1.png

I thought Tatanga was awesome as a kid. I always wanted Wario and Tatanga to become allies/partners again, on a grander scale.
Tatanga was certainly one of the most unique villains of the Mario series, and I'd love to see him back. Sad that he was lost in that void with so many other one offs like Wart and the cast of Wario's Woods.

JUST LET THIS THREAD DIE ALREADY

Tatanga was certainly one of the most unique villains of the Mario series, and I'd love to see him back. Sad that he was lost in that void with so many other one offs like Wart and the cast of Wario's Woods.

When will past villains come back.... rip Yaridovich

Well, not quite a one-off. I loved his appearance in Mario Land 1 and 2. I found him a cool and intimidating boss in both games as a kid. (I always liked his attack design in Space Zone: firing a moon-shaped beam and a homing explosive to cover the playing field, before swooping at you)

If it was up to me I'd make Tatanga, as well as Daisy play a role in the next M&L game so they can get some much needed character development. Of course, it would take place in Sarasaland as well.
Daisy is another one of those characters we know nothing about. Is Sarasaland even still canon? What is she the princess of? Where does she even live? Who does she rule? What does she do when she's not a roster filler?
So many of these characters keep being used in the Mario Karts, Parties and sports, yet the only reason they are there is because they've ALWAYS been there.
There's literally no reason why she shouldn't get an actual role in a game for once.
Same with Waluigi.
Back to Tatanga though, if he had a good redesign, a memorable personality and a fleshed out role in the Mario universe, he could make for a legitimately good character.

But noooooooo Miyamoto didn't create him so he can't get any attention! MARIO LAND NEVER HAPPENED! :Sgoingmad:

But noooooooo Miyamoto didn't create him so he can't get any attention! MARIO LAND NEVER HAPPENED! :Sgoingmad:

This seems to be the case with nearly every character besides Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Jr, Koopalings, and Toad. It's why we don't see characters like Wario in the main series, because 'Miyamoto didn't create them'. Despite the fact that they're classic characters in the same series, same universe, and are adored by millions.

If you ask me it's a little disrespectful to the other creative minds involved in the series (like Gunpei Yokoi, or Hiroji Kiyotake) and a little disrespectful to fans. I like seeing diversity in Mario games. I love the extended casts of games like Superstar Saga and Thousand Year Door. I loved that Mario Tennis 64 decided to use Daisy, and that Mario Kart Wii chose Funky Kong. It bugs me to no end that the Mario series has this huge, gigantic universe of characters and it's only ever the same 15-20 used.

I've been wondering what Yoshiaki Koizumi thinks of Rosalina appearing in most Mario games now? Probably annoyed because everything he wanted to have for her isn't there? And that brings me to the Lumas. I haven't noticed until now that lately, they aren't really doing anything besides accompanying Rosalina. And even then, nothing more than that.

It bugs me to no end that the Mario series has this huge, gigantic universe of characters and it's only ever the same 15-20 used.
However, this kinda begs the question: Do all those one-timers and everyone else really need to come back? No, this isn't a Miyamoto impression or anything, I genuinely meant that. It feels to me like most people only want all those forgotten characters to return just for the sake of returning, with no rhyme or reason as to why they'd come back.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I've been wondering what Yoshiaki Koizumi thinks of Rosalina appearing in most Mario games now? Probably annoyed because everything he wanted to have for her isn't there? And that brings me to the Lumas. I haven't noticed until now that lately, they aren't really doing anything besides accompanying Rosalina. And even then, nothing more than that.

However, this kinda begs the question: Do all those one-timers and everyone else really need to come back? No, this isn't a Miyamoto impression or anything, I genuinely meant that. It feels to me like most people only want all those forgotten characters to return just for the sake of returning, with no rhyme or reason as to why they'd come back.

It depends on the context. There's lots of reasons why they could use Wart again, Tatanga again, Syrup, etc. Doing something other than the same old Bowser/Jr/Koopaling thing once in a while would be nice. And if we're talking about spin-offs, yes I would much rather they use characters like this 'just because' over some generic enemies any day of the week.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
But is there a reason the Mario series is going the way it is now? There has to be something or someone from within that's at the root of all this. And contrary to popular belief, it's not Miyamoto.

Last edited:
Back