Are all of the Ashley appearences leading up to something?

How about you answer that yourself since you're quite obviously cherry picking all the bad stuff. I never said Nintendo was free of any wrong doing and their handling of the WarioWare series was one of the complaints I said.
also, dont take it personally. im not trying to piss you off, but like i said before, someone needs to make the point, since no one else feels like making the discussion.

Needed to clear my mind a bit. Anyway, as for a proper response, if you look closely most of the more controversial moves Nintendo has done is in regards to Nintendo of America. At its core, I don't think Nintendo has released many real stinkers in a while.

Needed to clear my mind a bit. Anyway, as for a proper response, if you look closely most of the more controversial moves Nintendo has done is in regards to Nintendo of America. At its core, I don't think Nintendo has released many real stinkers in a while.
you really dislike deep conversations involving serious disagreement huh?
look, i really think nintendo can improve vastly and be one of the best companies out there. otherwise i would have said "fuck it im done". also, keep in mind that im referring to very recent nintendo in this case. nintendo was great when i jumped in.

Because Nintendo shouldn't only be swayed by fan response. If they actually want their IPs to be successful they need to do more with them than just focus on whatever became unintentionally popular. You can't always react purely to demand. Nobody asked for Splatoon and look at how that turned out. I know the last few WarioWare games have struggled but they definitely have fan support and people would want to see more out of that series beyond just Ashley so it needs some other kind of reinvigoration that wasn't what Game & Wario was.
On the flipside of things, there's Nintendo always trying to make the Pikmin series look bigger than it really is. Always promoting it out there left and right, as if they really want everyone to play it, despite it barely having that much of a fanbase.

Are the Squid Sisters really shoehorned? I always got the impression they were pretty major characters and pretty much represent the series besides the inklings themselves which aren't really characters.
It's that all the other neat characters in the game seem to be forgotten about already because of them. Granted, most of them were shopkeepers, but the game still does have lots of other characters to represent with it. I rarely to never see anyone thinking/talking about the Octarians and wanting a sequel to their story next time, even if that 1P mode wasn't the main focus of the game.

Heck, if I remember correctly, the Squid Sisters were first revealed in the Splatoon Direct a mere few weeks before the game released. They talked about everyone else in the official Tumblr before that though.

Last edited:
i thinki mentioned this before, but nintendo has been acting childish imo.
miiverse aside, nintendo completely fucked up mario maker with their release policy and user level purge, they butchered the Fire Emblem localization for fear of offending people (because they think we're bigoted), and people even tried to create a petition against some of nintendo's recent releases. and frankly, they'd milk ashley for all its worth, and its worth millions of dollars to them.

now tell me, what are they doing right?

I'm just gonna keep this brief, but here's what I think.

Nintendo has about as many mistakes as any other company, people just hold them to a higher standard for some reason because they're nintendo. How many games outside of nintendo's grasp have done the censorship thing? (Which I think you're taking the wrong way. Localization is made to tailor the game to western audiences so it can fit it more and be more playable. This is something that's been happening for many years, people have just blown the issue out of proportion recently because the internet is filled with dunces. Fire Emblem has even done it multiple times in the past, people are overreacting like they always do.)

Nintendo is in a transition period, they just lost one of the biggest geniuses in gaming history, and there's a huge conflict of interest going on in the company as we know it. The new pokemon is actually expanding on ideas that the fans have wanted to expand on for a while, and is even making structure changes which is unheard of for pokemon. The Mario games are still solid as ever, even if they're nothing completely special, Zelda is going to be the biggest divergence from the formula the iconic series has ever seen. Star fox was revived with a fair amount of success. (It's had issues, but imo it's a good game, and it still sold incredibly well.) You ARE cherry-picking, but it's something everyone is doing. They have a new IP that people love, and they're finally breaking their old stubborn-ness and expanding into mobile. Nintendo does need to step up its game, but first it has to set itself straight again-- It has to align a bit more with the times while keeping its charm, and it's not impossible. Amiibos sold enough to basically save the company when it needed it, and we're getting enough deviation from the usual to see that Nintendo IS trying. The 3DS still has one of the best line-ups currently around in consoles, and is still able to provide us with more.

A few fuck ups is enough to tolerate, since as I said, every company does them.

tl;dr - if you want perfect gaming, go to PC.

I'm just gonna keep this brief, but here's what I think.

Nintendo has about as many mistakes as any other company, people just hold them to a higher standard for some reason because they're nintendo. How many games outside of nintendo's grasp have done the censorship thing? (Which I think you're taking the wrong way. Localization is made to tailor the game to western audiences so it can fit it more and be more playable. This is something that's been happening for many years, people have just blown the issue out of proportion recently because the internet is filled with dunces. Fire Emblem has even done it multiple times in the past, people are overreacting like they always do.)

Nintendo is in a transition period, they just lost one of the biggest geniuses in gaming history, and there's a huge conflict of interest going on in the company as we know it. The new pokemon is actually expanding on ideas that the fans have wanted to expand on for a while, and is even making structure changes which is unheard of for pokemon. The Mario games are still solid as ever, even if they're nothing completely special, Zelda is going to be the biggest divergence from the formula the iconic series has ever seen. Star fox was revived with a fair amount of success. (It's had issues, but imo it's a good game, and it still sold incredibly well.) You ARE cherry-picking, but it's something everyone is doing. They have a new IP that people love, and they're finally breaking their old stubborn-ness and expanding into mobile. Nintendo does need to step up its game, but first it has to set itself straight again-- It has to align a bit more with the times while keeping its charm, and it's not impossible. Amiibos sold enough to basically save the company when it needed it, and we're getting enough deviation from the usual to see that Nintendo IS trying. The 3DS still has one of the best line-ups currently around in consoles, and is still able to provide us with more.

A few fuck ups is enough to tolerate, since as I said, every company does them.

tl;dr - if you want perfect gaming, go to PC.
well of course the other companies have mistakes too, but i seen sony and microsoft acknowledge that thing are off and work to fix them promptly, wheras nintendo cant even admit that theres anything wrong other than the lack of iwata.

and boy do i love cherry picking.

lemme start by saying that i personally dislike amiibos. now if you like tiny nintenfigures, thats fine. you got your $10-20 worth. good for you.
but the only other thing they're good for is unlocking certain parts of certain games, which in my opinion should be thrown in without needing a model of shulk feeling you up with his eyes (get it? yeah, im not feeling it either). and the thing is, one amiibo can only hold data for one game, which mean either dealing with the hassle or paying up for the extra amiibos. or, y'know, just simply not using the amiibo feature.

and btw PC gaming is not perfect. in fact, it probably requires the most dedication to properly run. you got expensive computers, progressively common error messages, glitches, hax (could be mildly enjoyable if you're the one hacking) and even a chance of the computer simply refusing to cooperate for god knows why. like, obtaining a bare bones, minimum spec gaming computer will probably cost you up to $1000.

now back to nintendo. why am i mercilessly beating on those poor developers? why do hate them with a passion? why am i cherry picking?

nintendo doesnt normally fuck up this badly, or even that much at all. as recently as a year ago, i would never have believed nintendo would do the things i mentioned. i wouldnt have seen them as money hungry. they are an amazing company. but that much stuff all at once is a red flag, a new trend in the making. maybe it was just an awful coincidence. or maybe i didnt realize them for what they are: a business. but i think nintendo should be held to a high standard, because they can improve vastly.

Besides, why is Ashley's popularity that much of an issue anyway?

Doesn't the WarioWare series have some bigger problems at the moment? Like this:

Mona_WarioWare_Mega_Microgames.png
20130503235830%21MonaGameWario.png

lemme start by saying that i personally dislike amiibos. now if you like tiny nintenfigures, thats fine. you got your $10-20 worth. good for you.now back to nintendo. why am i mercilessly beating on those poor developers? why do hate them with a passion? why am i cherry picking?

nintendo doesnt normally fuck up this badly, or even that much at all. as recently as a year ago, i would never have believed nintendo would do the things i mentioned. i wouldnt have seen them as money hungry. they are an amazing company. but that much stuff all at once is a red flag, a new trend in the making. maybe it was just an awful coincidence. or maybe i didnt realize them for what they are: a business. but i think nintendo should be held to a high standard, because they can improve vastly.

I'm gonna take aim at these here-- Why do you think nintendo's money hungry? Because they've been almost pushed under multiple times. Amiibos almost basically singlehandedly saved the the company from just flat-out going under, and they're still not in the clear. They're not doing it to just simply get money, they're trying to stay alive so they can make the games they want to make. At this point it's tolerate it till Nintendo gets out of shaky waters. As I said, they're in a huge crisis at home base anyway, and still need to set themselves straight.

You can be upset at the company's shaky period, but calling them money-hungry isn't completely accurate. They're moreso just trying to stay alive in any way they can, of course they're gonna do as much as they can to do so.

Because they've been almost pushed under multiple times. [...] Amiibos almost basically singlehandedly saved the the company from just flat-out going under.

Just pointing out this is totally false. Amiibos may have been an huge success, but Nintendo was never in danger of "being pushed under" - their cash reserves are huge, and the Wii U/3DS era is the first time in 30 years since entering the game market they lost money.

Alright thank you, I'll admit my ignorance there, however, this does not contract from the main point. Making a profit off of a product like amiibos isn't exactly money-grubbing. It's being smart and selling merchandise like most companies do, it's just with an added incentive that you can ignore in pretty much most games. I don't agree with some of the amiibo related decisions, but they're nowhere near money-grubbing by this standpoint.

The focus on them, I will admit, is a bit silly. But Nintendo is a business, they'll push a success as far as possible, every company will.

Back