[DEAD] Wario Land 3 Hack Project

Oh yeah, I remembered what the core problem was again. We couldn't design good enough levels for this non-linear game.
I'm sure I could do it, but this game is very limited in what you can do for early game stage design and have it make sense as early game stages.

Well... I worked on this for 2 hours about 1/2 weeks ago, so I guess I'll show what I had done...
Of course, as I only worked on it for 2 hours; it sucks... a lot...
Also, I had YouTube Music Running in the background, just a playlist with random game music, so no complaining please...

• Wow
Reactions: 607
Well... I worked on this for 2 hours about 1/2 weeks ago, so I guess I'll show what I had done...
Of course, as I only worked on it for 2 hours; it sucks... a lot...
Also, I had YouTube Music Running in the background, just a playlist with random game music, so no complaining please...

Wow, that's pretty cool! Obviously not perfect, but for two hours of work... great!

Wow, that's pretty cool! Obviously not perfect, but for two hours of work... great!
Well, the question is: should I try to keep working on it, or do I leave it be.

Also: the spark for Wario Land 3 is gone, what are we gonna do next? Everyone, we need to discuss this ASAP.

That spark could easily come back for me, but I think it has turned out that the stage design was too difficult. I mean, nobody of us has been capable of designing a good Out of the Woods themed level, right? Or should we do it together?

*sigh*
At the end of this month I'll have my school project finished. I'll give it a shot then. It can't be that hard to design an out of the woods level.

• Wow
Well, what're we gonna do? Should we move to Wario Land 2 for now, to make things easier on ourselves? Or are we gonna take the chance, and make 25 stages for a Wario Land 3 hack?

I think I will look into the Wario Land 2 Editor though, could be nice.

• Useful
Well, what're we gonna do? Should we move to Wario Land 2 for now, to make things easier on ourselves? Or are we gonna take the chance, and make 25 stages for a Wario Land 3 hack?

I think I will look into the Wario Land 2 Editor though, could be nice.
I think we'll firstly wait until shyguyxxl will try designing a stage.

Okay, guys, check out my folder in the google drive folder. There should be a ...folder (yay for redundancy yay) called "Out of the Woods edit" so check that out when you can. It's a prototype of mission 1.
BUT
keep in mind, like I said this is only for the first area. Areas 2, 3 and 4 have not been changed yet. To properly test those I'd need saves of those parts of the game. For now just see how you like this.

Okay, guys, check out my folder in the google drive folder. There should be a ...folder (yay for redundancy yay) called "Out of the Woods edit" so check that out when you can. It's a prototype of mission 1.
BUT
keep in mind, like I said this is only for the first area. Areas 2, 3 and 4 have not been changed yet. To properly test those I'd need saves of those parts of the game. For now just see how you like this.
It isn't there :/

• Agree
Back