Mandatory Thread (All posters must post)

that moment when someones selfie ends up being a minecraft screenshot
2016-05-10-192826.jpg 2016-05-10-192826.jpg 2016-05-10-192826.jpg 2016-05-10-192826.jpg 2016-05-10-192826.jpg 2016-05-10-192826.jpg
good lord am i going to regret posting this.

I'm 5' 7", have brown hair with blonde highlights, brown eyes. I have 3 tattoos - the one on my lower arm and two others on my upper shoulders. I have a few piercing scars on my lower lip and my eyebrow. I also wear glasses.

The term "geek" makes no sense to me anymore. I know the difference between a nerd and a smart person, but a geek....
It seems to have all kinds of uses. I don't think having a passion for video games automatically makes you a "geek/nerd", nor does wearing glasses.

Would we call the world's most masculine bodybuilder a geek if he suddenly said he was a big fan of Dungeons and Dragons? I myself am a healthy, well-balanced man who loves the great outdoors, yet because I have a passion for video games I suddenly get classed as a specific breed of person? Isn't that generalising just a bit?
If you dedicate 100% of your life to technology-related things, and your outlook is poor, you refuse to embrace life, and talk about or try anything remotely different etc. THAT is when the term actually makes a bit of sense to me.

Words often kinda change their meaning as time goes on, I actually do not know the difference between nerd and geek, because growing up people have used them interchangeably all the time : p I have kinda identified with the word nerd in the past, because I like things like video games and animated tv shows and fictional characters and junk, but I usually dont take its as a serious title or anything : p Its more of a like..... I dunno, a word people use to describe people who like those things. And its becoming more common nowadays too, as everyone wants to call themselves that now : p

As of now the term geek or even nerd has become more of a positive in recent years as well. Have you noticed a lot of things that are supposed to be " geeky " are in the cool now. Video Games being one of the biggest examples, or YGO, or Dungeons and Dragons. These meanings become switched and changed over time for better or worse.

Athleticism never really had anything negative appointed to it, especially since that's how our ancestors lived. There wasn't any time to lounge around we were always moving when we were all farmers or so many centuries ago and even further when we used to hunt to gather food and such. Don't think it'll ever get a negative term.

Imagining it would be weird it's like making fun of some one who has huge biceps, well... at least if they're not synthol freaks anyways.

Athleticism never really had anything negative appointed to it, especially since that's how our ancestors lived. There wasn't any time to lounge around we were always moving when we were all farmers or so many centuries ago and even further when we used to hunt to gather food and such. Don't think it'll ever get a negative term.

Imagining it would be weird it's like making fun of some one who has huge biceps, well... at least if they're not synthol freaks anyways.

Agreed. I was more thinking along the lines of inactive/unhealthy people making fun of those who live opposite lifestyles from them or promote being active/healthy. I wouldn't put it past the Internet to create such a term. Heheh!

Back