The Legend of Zelda

I've played LoZ for NES, OoT3D and the Dsiware Anniversary edition. Their puzzles were somewhat creative and I am being honest with you when I "cheated" on the first quest of OoT by going to the hint stones. For beginner's or people who just got to the puzzle it seems impossible but if you find out about how to solve it you think it's really easy and memorize it for when you go back to it again. It's neat but I would only recommend this series to people who like to think besides just reflexes against large opponents. There might be some little secrets hidden in the games I haven't found yet and that's what keeps you playing.

Oh, I love The Legend of Zelda, it has put out some of my favorite games :3

I really liked OoT, its one of my all time favorite games, along with WW and MM. I think OoT had the most interesting characters of all the LoZ games, and WW was just all around fun, and I loved exploring the sea on a sail boat, haha I used to just waste time sailing around for fun in that game cuz I liked it so much : p

Ruto is my favorite LoZ character, if you want to know why....... youd have to play OoT I guess : p I really liked her in that game, she was way neat.

I also actually did enjoy Skyward Sword, despite the majority of the LoZ fanbase and its hate for it : p I thought it was alot of fun, despite the motion control (I hate motion controls) and the lack of an open world.

It rubbed a lot of Zelda fans the wrong way.

There isn't a real overworld, just disjointed areas that you sort of "warp" to. And in those areas... well, the topography doesn't really feel natural. The landscape is laid out more like a Spyro game than a Zelda game. I dunno if that makes a lot of sense, but it's the only way I feel like I can describe it. The world itself is the biggest issue I have with it. It's all extremely linear and it feels like your being taken on a tour.

Other people will cite overlong cutscenes and dialogue, too much hand-holding, too easy, stupid enemy designs, and bad motion controls. I agree with all those things, except the motion controls, I never had a problem with them.

Oh, and the stupid robots. I hate seeing robots in what is intended to be a high fantasy game, it totally pulls me out of it. Even your guide/sidekick talks like a computer program.

I see this a lot.
Why is so much hate expressed towards Skyward Sword in particular?

Hardcore nerds can really be a turn off yeah. Ive been playing Legend of Zelda before many of the younger fans (including Crescent Moon Villager), and I found SS to be enjoyable, though a bit different from the previous installments.

If every LoZ game was the same, it would become stale after a while, so I often enjoy when they add new things and try out different ideas. Thats actually my biggest issue with TP, though it was a good game, being someone whos played OoT 100 times, the game ended up feeling really clone-y : p

Im not saying that SS was innovative or anything like that, but I dont think it qualified as bad, it was still alot of fun. Missing an overworld was a bummer, but the game was still enjoyable nontheless. I felt the same with Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. They removed the field for farming in, thats like one of the BIGGEST things that make RF what it is. But it still ended up being one of my all time favorite games, due to new things like traveling the sea on a golem, and having what Id call the best characters in any RF game.

SS is not the best LoZ game, but its still a fun game to play, and I enjoyed it : p

You say SS was just one game yeah, but at that point in time the future of the Zelda series was looking pretty bleak. Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks were the last Zelda games to come out, and they're almost universally recognized as the 2 weakest games in the series. Then SS came out and it seemed at that point that the developers were dead-set on changing the series into something that felt un-Zelda. Soooo myself and others weren't feeling very optimistic about the future of the series after playing PH, ST, and SS. But then A Link Between Worlds came out and it was excellent, and ZeldaU looks very promising too, so the series feels like it's back on track again.

Zelda fans have very strong opinions about the series you see v.v'

Well, I said I didnt think it was all that bad a game anywho : p I enjoyed it, I thought there was some clever writing in it, I enjoyed some of the quests and characters, and I liked some of the places you visited, and I had fun playing it, and was excited every time I turned on the game.
It had things I really didnt like, I was super bummed about the lack of an overworld, I thought the sky was WAY too empty, and that they just wasted alot of space with it, and needed to do more with it, I didnt like the motion control at all, I think too much time was spent in some places (I really enjoyed the desert area, but I felt like it went on much too long), but over all it was a good game, not one of the bests, and not a classic, but still enjoyable.

And I havent really played he handheld LoZ games yet, but I have heard that Spirit Tracks really was an unfun game. But I mean, not every game Nintendo puts out will be golden, they will have some games that arent as good as other, but that doesnt mean the series is dead : p I have faith that there will be plenty more good LoZ games in the future : p

Why doesn't it look like this?
ZeldaWiiU.jpg

It's from a Wii U tech demo showing what the Wii U is capable of doing. If the Wii U is capable of making stuff look as nice as that than why aren't they?

I played TP and I do not remember this spider?

It was the boss of the Temple of Time >.>

And I think it mostly has to do with the lighting. The HD remake doesn't have improved lighting like in that tech demo pic. I guess you can chalk it up to Nintendo handing over the project to a sub-par team in Australia who half-assed it.

Well I didnt really like TP as much as other LoZ games, so I guess its no surprise I dont remember the bosses to all the dungeons : /

I also didnt care for the Temple of Time in TP, either : p

Back