The Legend of Zelda

Why am I seeing Zelda U disappointing so many fans when it comes out... It's almost always the case that delayed games turn out to be bad...

Maybe not. OoT was a big success. Think TP was too. Im sure Nintendo can pull off making another good LoZ game for a console release.

Am worried about this whole NX thing, though. Its been pointed out many times now, but it is similar to Sega and the Dreamcast : /

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Nah... The NX is fine... I believe it will be a huge success. Zelda is the problem... I lost my faith in it.

I dunno, I can't explain, it feels like it's going to be disappointing. When hype builds up and people expect something bigger and bigger over time, then the game comes out and it's nothing like anyone expected, and the game comes out dull, vast but empty. I'm kind of affraid that will happen...

• Agree
I dunno, I mean every console Zelda game I play is great to some extent. Like even with SS, alot of Zelda fans hated it, but there are still plenty of people who really liked it, I liked it too : p (not the best LoZ game but it was still good)

Nintendo usually does really well with LoZ. I bet this one will be great in some way. Probly not the greatest game ever made : p But I bet its a good game : p

• Agree
I sure hope so, but you know people... A lot of people didn't like TP and SS. But I guess they're just OoT fans...
OoT was good because nobody expected anything from the game, just a 3D Zelda. Now, we expect something bigger than GTA, we have something to compare the game to. I sure hope Nintendo is using the delay to improve as best as they can on the game.

Im an OoT fan and I liked both TP and SS : p I just dont like it when fans of those games go out bashing OoT and talk about how those games were better : p

And yeah, maybe. But as an LoZ fan, I dont really have those expectations : p Just another good LoZ game would be great : p Im sure every fan of every game series often wishes theyre game was like GTA or Skyrim, big massive overworld where you can do anything : p But even with TP being not really that huge overworld wise, LoZ fans still really liked the game : p Id be more worried about Nintendo trying to make it more like those games being what ruins it, tbh.

What I probably fear for the new Zelda game is that it's a bit too big which is not a problem, but a game that's massive can lead to some pretty weird glitches. Bethesda games for example are huge, but are pretty glitchy.

I doubt it'll be bad. When I first saw gameplay of SS i was immediately unimpressed with it, but I don't get that same vibe with ZeldaU. It looks great. And SS has taught me to temper my expectations anyway.

ALBW was a good indicator that Nintendo still knows how to do Zelda properly.

Yeah, I remember not feeling all that excited over SS : p I felt excited over TP but not SS : p

But I did enjoy SS though, am not one of the fans that hate it : p

Only Zelda game I ever played was Wind Waker HD. I played other Zelda titles, just not for long or never even got too far into the game. I'm not a huge fan of the series at all, however I liked Wind Waker a lot, played for some days. Forgot to finish it though.

At this point maybe I'm too used to thinking Zelda as adventuring from dungeon to dungeon although not at a set pattern but to find hidden items to help you along the way to solve puzzles such as in Oot, WW, TP, etc most Zelda games that this sort of has a look that a lot of WRPGS like the Elder Scrolls have. Not saying it's a bad thing but it feels a little different than what I'm used too, it does look neat to borrow elements of exploration taken on a grand scale that Zelda never really had. In certain games the maps were huge and I did like that feel of exploring especially navigating through the seas in WW. If it's like that but with open plains and forests and what'not that would be fantastic it almost seems like the overworld map of ALTTP but in 3D. I'm sure this game or the way it plays out is very similar to Miyamoto's original concept as this series was inspired by how he'd always travel on adventures when he was younger towards more forest-like places.

Back