The Legend of Zelda

Im avoiding the game entirely. Not because Im against it or anything, but I currently do not have a way to play the game, so theres absolutely no need for me to get myself excited about it : p From what I hear, though, it looks cool. But, honestly, Im not totally certain these new changes will make it a "better" game : p But dunno, will have to wait and see when it comes out, I guess.

So it seems Botw is coming out this Friday, are these anything you expect from this new game?
It's starting to look similar to Dark Souls something similar to the original vision Miyamoto had for this game. Wanting it to be an action and adventure much like his childhood travels, so far I'm hoping if this is another big overworld layer that we get something similar to the Dark World since those always had great music and much more challenging dungeons and enemies. If not that's totally fine, still would be cool to have a huge lake level. Something similar to WW where you could traverse the sea of course in this game you can't so instead maybe have a big lake you could do so maybe lake Hylia.

Are there anything you are hoping for this new game? Seems like it won't be too bad since a bunch of fans seemed to have disliked Skyward Sword so maybe this game would be better.

Also good new character.

1488019571349.jpg
1487986950410.png

I doubt this'll be in there since i didn't see it in tree house gameplay but i was hoping for the scrapped aging mechanic from Wind Waker, maybe next time :S3:

I'm not surprised its becoming souls like since DS borrows alot from Zelda in terms of fighting, its like Ocarina of Time with actual gameplay :Sglee:

Also i'd like an new hyrule historia perhaps if you get a switch at launch. Again i know this ISN'T a thing but seriously, when is BotW? I'm assuming this is the Link from ALttP that fell asleep and now its a really long time after the events of the game, there's evidence to support this game going into all the time line splits but that's the popular theory i'm going with.

On the subject, PINK LINK HAIR. I want costumes for Link referencing the other games including the pink haired link in ALttP.

The Zelda timeline is weird. It's as if Nintendo only made it up to shut people up which caused more confusion. A shame we never see what happens after Link saves Zelda in AlttP but isn't in between world a direct sequel to it? That would destroy the continuity from Link's awakening well it's better not to think too hard on it. Pink haired Link should come back that was such a stylistic choice.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
BotW most likely takes place long after WW, after the Great Sea receded. It's the only possibility that makes sense, considering the koroks are in this game (they were a direct product of the flood).

Also when you find rock salt in the game, it says it was "deposited by the ancient sea". Not an ancient sea, mind you, but the ancient sea.

The Zelda timeline is weird. It's as if Nintendo only made it up to shut people up which caused more confusion. A shame we never see what happens after Link saves Zelda in AlttP but isn't in between world a direct sequel to it? That would destroy the continuity from Link's awakening well it's better not to think too hard on it. Pink haired Link should come back that was such a stylistic choice.
It goes ALttP then the Oracle gamesc (player order) then Link's Awakening, all the same link then years later is ALBW and that's a different Link but its not far enough after so Hyrule is very similiar.

BotW most likely takes place long after WW, after the Great Sea receded. It's the only possibility that makes sense, considering the koroks are in this game (they were a direct product of the flood).

Also when you find rock salt in the game, it says it was "deposited by the ancient sea". Not an ancient sea, mind you, but the ancient sea.
I agree with rock salt part but the koroks would've changed again due to lack of the great sea.

Almost forgot the order really, it's just really confusing how it's all set up but I guess that happens when there isn't an exact time-line. It isn't as bad as some other series though, so would Botw take place after WW? When Hyrule was flooded back and everything returned to the sea would this mean a continent would have risen above via Pangea? In any case I'm quite happy to see or so it seems Gerudo's are back. wonder if the Shikieth would be here too unless Paya is one? So many new if'ss and or's in this game. More character list.

tumblr_om26jwG3Jp1sn41kxo1_540.png
tumblr_om2y4qkxBc1rcs9gvo1_540.jpg
tumblr_om2y4qkxBc1rcs9gvo3_540.jpg

It mostly looks as if it's going to be all terrain which reminds me of the older Zelda games, mainly Oot, MM, TP, and Zelda ll. If there are no big oceans hopefully we get a lake of sorts or a great bay. Considering there are Zora's in Botw so it's full proof. That only leaves the Deku Shrubs and Gorons if they are even in this game.

I'm really hoping Breath of the Wild will be a good, and a fun, game.
It shows a lot of promise, but from what I've seen so far, it could also still be really disappointing to the masses, like No Man's Sky was.

Wonder if anyone else remembers the Zelda comics that showed up during the 80s here. Didn't really care for the weird cartoon show of Zelda but the comics had very interesting art adapted to them. Most of the time these stories were contained varied from the games and even the show themselves. Something from this era I missed were the comics associated with games, perhaps a ploy to get people interested in the games regardless they were cool and apart of my childhood.

tloz7.png

Even having manga adaptations by various mangaka, would anyone happen to have any of these or know where to find more? They seem rather interesting in general.

For some odd reason I found the slogan "Hot Nintendo Action!" to be really amusing : p

And eww red zoras, they look like shrimp.

Twilight Princess could always have been much greater, in my opinion. It hasn't aged kindly by time -- its HD remake was just a reskin, really, in comparison to Wind Waker HD's soundtrack and lighting update and Majora's Mask's added content and graphical overhaul. I can see why people don't like Twilight Princess, and I can see its problems pretty easily.

However, it has one of my favorite characters/ships of all time, and I just like Zant a lot, so I'm obligated to rant and rave and defend it to the grave on the basis of a relationship that isn't even canon. Figures.Grrr:

TP is really not the most original game, or the most unique. I always kinda felt like, aside from the wolf bits, it was kinda an OoT clone. But that doesnt make it a bad game : p Its still alot of fun and I enjoyed it when I played it. The story with Midna and Zant was pretty interesting too, though I honestly felt a bit let down when it still ended with Zelda and Ganon : p But overall it was a cool game, had some interesting characters, and Im glad I had the chance to play it.

Back