Anyone else disappointed that Shake It...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Didn't have a real final level?

Always thought it would have been cool to have a proper platforming level set on the Shake King's pirate ship, rather than it being just a lead in to the final battle. Most other Wario game had a real final stage before the last boss (Syrup Castle, the Golden Passage, etc).

Fair enough, and I'm guessing the level before that isn't very climatcic? Huh, boss of the last world just before the final boss, kinda like DKC in a way.

Well, the last level is Bad Manor, which is actually a pretty fun haunted house level:

But it's not really part of the 'endgame', just a good level in the world before the endgame. It's like going from Hotel Horror to fighting the Golden Diva.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
A final level inside the Shake King's ship would've been great.
That would also have been a good opportunity to flesh out his character. He's a bit forgetable, isn't he?
You know, some subtle visual story telling in the background or something?
Kinda how the final level in Wario Land 2 paints Captain Syrup in a really strange and questionable light.
Something like that. Just anything that tells us more about him.

A final level inside the Shake King's ship would've been great.
That would also have been a good opportunity to flesh out his character. He's a bit forgetable, isn't he?
You know, some subtle visual story telling in the background or something?
Kinda how the final level in Wario Land 2 paints Captain Syrup in a really strange and questionable light.
Something like that. Just anything that tells us more about him.
its a good point, both the Shake King and Merelda are incredibly forgettable characters o.o but it almost feels like its made on purpose? Like the way Wario throws Merelda away in favour of the treasure kinda makes me feel as if thats exactly what he player should be feeling at the time, like if the true highlight of whatever little story it has is actually Syrup pulling a Batman Gambit on you.

Not to throw shit at anyone, but along with Galaxy it makes me feel like Nintendo was trying to force more complex stories while also keeping the classical elements? In that games case, you gotta rescue Peach from Bowser all over again, but gotta go through Rosalina who says you gotta collect the stars in order to power up the observatory and reach Bowser. Rosies pretty much the highlight of the game and... well, the only thing she does is make the story more convoluted; mario games don't really need such an elaborate excuse to make mario go to space and through levels to rescue Peach. In Shake It's case, you got both a rescue the princess plot and get sum treasure, and the only thing that makes it stand out is Syrup forcing the plot from the start, as said before.

I dunno, I guess in the latters case it's an interesting plot twist since Syrup is actually there assisting ya and taking your money from the start, but god DAMN it is a downgrade from how good they did it in WL4 in terms of story and characters... it's like they're there to justify a tiny plot element rather than adding to the game experience.

Just saying, its weird how Ninty's stories felt ''bigger'' while being more shallow at the same time, at least during those years o3o

Shake It's intro is one of the weirdest inclusions I've ever seen, to be honest. How cinematic the cutscene is and how disproportionate it is to the game itself. Not that that's a bad thing; I'm glad Shake It hits its stride and is content with being a simple-approach video game, but the effort that went into the intro would probably give you the impression there's a thick and important plot that'll unfold. I'm not even annoyed by it or anything, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't confused by its existence.

Shake It's intro is one of the weirdest inclusions I've ever seen, to be honest. How cinematic the cutscene is and how disproportionate it is to the game itself. Not that that's a bad thing; I'm glad Shake It hits its stride and is content with being a simple-approach video game, but the effort that went into the intro would probably give you the impression there's a thick and important plot that'll unfold. I'm not even annoyed by it or anything, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't confused by its existence.

I always thought Shake It reminded me of Super Mario Galaxy in terms of the intro:

Big, seemingly epic intro, villains all serious, and then it's a simple save the princess storyline.

Back