Anyone feel old when they look back at video game release dates?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Like say, those from the 3DS/Wii U era?

Because just now I saw a comment on YouTube from someone who said they were 12 when New Super Mario Bros 2 came out, and I got kinda surprised. Thought that's a bit young or something.

Then I looked at the video date and realised that damn, NSMB was released in 2012. And that 2012 is now 7 years ago.

Seems the 3DS era was further back than I thought it was. Hell, if you'd asked me, I'd have still thought Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon and Mario & Luigi Dream Team were modern games, and that the Year of Luigi was fairly recent. But no, that's 2013, 6 whole years ago now.

Makes me realise how for many kids, the games of our childhoods are as far back as the NES/SNES era may have been for us. Or the Atari/early arcade era may have been for NES/SNES era players. Hell, some kids probably think Wario Land 4 is a 'retro' game now.

Anyone else feel like this?

To me, Wario Land 4 is retro.
My first video game was Mario Kart DS, and even now that seems old to me.
As a young child I mostly had handled consoles though, which makes me feel less bad as I remind myself the big N makes those things last forever.

I think the 360/Ps3 generation running much longer than normal has warped people's impression of what the average console lifespan is.

Back