Are the killer dolphins in Master of Disguise a Simpsons reference?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Seriously. The whole 'evil dolphins previously ruled the world and don't like humanity' concept was done back in Treehouse of Horror XI, which was shown about 7 years before Master of Disguise was released. So there's definitely time for the team to have taken inspiration from the episode.

And while the Simpsons one was influenced by a fairly obscure old movie called 'Day of the Dophin' (no I kid you not):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_of_the_Dolphin

I find it kind of interesting that the Master of Disguise version was closer to the Simpsons parody with a dolphin king leading the others to declare war on humanity than the original with its mad science and political assasination plotline.

So were they influenced? Cause they obviously took a lot of inspiration from Western media when coming up with some elements (the Silver Zephyr is obviously a parody of the Scarlet Pimpernel and the boss theme is apparently even called 'The Unfab Four'), so I wonder whether Suzak had a few Simpsons fans on the development team when coming up with this chapter...

Back