Ashley in Mario spin-offs?

ThAshleyChannel

That one person
If Ashley were to make it into another Mario spin-off (if Mario Maker counts) which one would she more likely to appear in first? (if any at all hopefully) :ashley:
347z98h.jpg

The ones listed or any other Mario spin-off or even a main game? (unlikely though)

Mario Super Sluggers.

K Rool appeared in that one, as did other Donkey Kong characters like Funky Kong and Dixie Kong. The baseball games seem most plausible for Wario characters to start appearing in.

Either that or Tennis, itd come right in time with the few Ashley merchandising coming out here and there since its the next spinoff as far as we know. Kart is also an option with how open they are with DLCs, too? but yeah, shes definitely the most likely to appear outta the wario ware cast. I would prefer Mona or Jimmy but :ccc

Need I remind you that she was not even in the first game? And those two have quite a track record of being the series' "co-stars". They scream "WarioWare representatives" more than Ashley does.

Last edited:
Need I remind you that she was not even in the first game? And those two have quite a track record of being the series' "co-stars". They scream "WarioWare representatives" more than Ashley does.
I know she wasn't in the first game, but by far the favorite of her series and probably the most recognized, even none-Warioware fans will know her name and most likely prefer her over the others.

Must everything be a popularity contest? My point was that Jimmy and Mona are commonly seen as the "co-stars" of the WarioWare series right behind Wario himself and thus should come first. I'm not against Ashley honestly, but she should come after them. (if they decide to go the extra mile with them in Mario spin-offs at all) Come on, you should at least know that much about the series.

Last edited:
i think ashley's actually a likely candidate for mario spinoffs from this point (i really wouldn't have said this a year ago, lol) but when does show up, it will be as DLC, not as part of the base game. Here's why:

1: she's not a big draw. obviously she has a following in Japan, but not to the point her presence in something would make or break the sales of a game, and those would be super-excited about her inclusion are the kind that would also buy the latest mario sport games anyway.

2: I really can't be arsed to find a source atm, but I remember an article where nintendo said their plan is to release one "big" franchise game a generation and maintan sales and buzzz by releasing dlc, rathher than doing multiple sequels. this goes double if the current signs about the NX platforms having a shared library, as they would no longer make "mario kart handheld" and then make "mario kart console" a few years later.

3: all the existing ashley merchandise sold well, and they're likely to do more. there's also a lot of mario maker ashley levels which shows there is interest in playing as her.

ashley as a dlc playable character would sell well and maintain post-release interest in Japan, assuming the game isn't rushed to oblivion and bomb (as MP10 did). that's how i see it anyway.

i think ashley's actually a likely candidate for mario spinoffs from this point (i really wouldn't have said this a year ago, lol) but when does show up, it will be as DLC, not as part of the base game. Here's why:

1: she's not a big draw. obviously she has a following in Japan, but not to the point her presence in something would make or break the sales of a game, and those would be super-excited about her inclusion are the kind that would also buy the latest mario sport games anyway.

2: I really can't be arsed to find a source atm, but I remember an article where nintendo said their plan is to release one "big" franchise game a generation and maintan sales and buzzz by releasing dlc, rathher than doing multiple sequels. this goes double if the current signs about the NX platforms having a shared library, as they would no longer make "mario kart handheld" and then make "mario kart console" a few years later.

3: all the existing ashley merchandise sold well, and they're likely to do more. there's also a lot of mario maker ashley levels which shows there is interest in playing as her.

ashley as a dlc playable character would sell well and maintain post-release interest in Japan, assuming the game isn't rushed to oblivion and bomb (as MP10 did). that's how i see it anyway.

Err, I'm not sure what you mean by that. A lot of Mario spinoff characters get into games despite having very little likely effect on the sales.

Do you think the thousands of Queen Bee fans bought Mario Kart 7 to play as their idol?

And nobody's gonna be buying Mario Tennis to play as the Sprixie Princess...

Add how she got into Mario Maker before any DLC was announced, and I think her chances of being playable in a Mario game are... well, somewhat okay before DLC is even considered. It's very doubtful the cast list is based on anything more than names pulled off a hat at this point...

the point is that they won't prioritize ashley over established mario characters in the base game, but that she'd make a good candidate for post-release content based on my reasoning above.

But given that quite a few characters are not really 'established' in any sense, I see a perfectly good chance that she'll appear as a random secret character or extra.

Back