• Wildflower Fields

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystic Lake

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Monsoon Jungle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, in your opinion, what is the best level from the emerald passage?

Mine is Palm Tree Paradise, not only is it pretty, it also has the catchy Medamayaki music!

Probably Mystic Lake. Nice relaxing music, serene feel, and it has the benefit of being the only 'sea' type level which isn't set in the middle of the ocean like so many other 2D platformer water levels (and that mixes above and underwater gameplay really well rather than splitting it off into seperate stages or having an annoying surface foe like Boss Bass).

As for the others, I mostly really liked them, but they didn't quite match up to this one in terms of atmosphere. Especially Monsoon Jungle, which somehow had both an amazing theme song:

And the most bland foreground you can imagine. Shame, the music and backgrounds were amazing, but come on, that foreground seemed like it would have worked better in an American or European forest than a jungle:

jungletiles.png

As for the others:

I liked Palm Tree Paradise (especially the songs). But I don't know, I still prefer all the later levels in this game, even if the effect they do with the music in the caves was really nice:

And Wildflower Fields... well, I really like the art style here (and find the music pretty nice and pleasant), and the level design is mostly pretty good, it's just I don't tend to like field areas much in any video game. Nothing bad, it's just... I like near enough every other biome more. Both in video games and real life really.

Back