• Terrormisu

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Shake King

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, S'roopy is the best. C^^
I still really like a lot of the others though.
I like how expressive the golden diva is, in all of her madness:
:gidle::goh::schadenfreude::gmadrage::gutterlydevastated:
Including her masks:
:geyes::gcrying::gdizzy::gunamused:

I like how Rudy and his weird freakishness came the fuck out of nowhere.
Rude.png

The Shay King on the other hand... he wasn't really expressive... at all... It seemed like he has the exact same expression on his face the entire game, with MAYBE his eyes moving a bit.
I liked that his designed mirrored a lot of Wario's features and abilities, but... that wasn't enough to save him for me.

The Awazon Genie, aka Demon Head (most creative name ever) was... er... well... he was... a thing?
VBWL-Demon_Head_Screenshot.png

I guess he was appropriately freaky...
I wouldn't say I love his design... but it DOES make me wanna kick the shit out of him! :WLWarioLaughs:

The Black Jewel was... boring.
No visual personality, no creative design, boring fight...
I DO like his voice though. And his japanese fight was miles better.
There was definitely a lot more they could've done with the concept of evil treasure that turns your treasure into enemies.
Like, what if he had made himself different bodies out of treasure?
upload_2017-12-18_20-53-20.png

That would'a been awesome! He's literally using your treasures against you.

Or what if instead of floating around it started walking and used 2 of its tentacles to attack you face to face?
upload_2017-12-18_21-12-57.png

You know... just some ideas to make it less boring.

Terrormisu... turned really bad really fast.
I did NOT like her "pink princess" design, the mask theme was a rip-off, the plot twist was a rip-off, the ugly face under her "pretty" mask was a rip-off...
Her "human" persona
Tiaramisu.PNG
was pretty cool and had potential, ...but the rest? Not really.

Actually, you know what would've been great for the Black Jewel's final phase? If it had sucked all of your money out of your pockets. That way, you can't just rely on buying infinite continues, so for once you HAVE to pay attention and not get hit a bunch of times.
Or screw it, just do that from the start! The final battle should be difficult!
It would make sense too, since his schtick is to use Wario's treasure for his gain.

I think the Shake King was meant to be a robot or something given the backgrounds in his fight, so perhaps his lack of expressiveness was intentional.

Still, he certainly wasn't a very... memorable villain.

And yeah, the Black Jewel and Terrormisu were utterly dreadful in general. The fact the former has no interesting attacks, no personality so to speak of and a bland design makes it entirely uninteresting, whereas the latter was simply impossible to take seriously in general once you saw her 'true' form in the final boss fight. Music was nice for Terrormisu though, so she at least has that going for her.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Music was nice
That could be Master of Disguise's tagline:

Wario: Master of Disguise!
"At least the music is nice."

The thing that disappointed me the most was you didn't even really fight her directly. You were just in some sort of pocket dimension the entire time, just a few different rooms with her masks in the background, but without her.
So Terrormisu herself doesn't actually do anything besides standing there, even though her human form seemed pretty spunky and sly.
Her "true form" showed none of that. So much wasted potential.

She should've fought you herself!
upload_2017-12-19_10-55-56.png

Since she's magical, you could do a ton of different things that DOESN'T involve being teleported into random puzzle rooms.

By the way, for the longest time I wasn't sure whether her human for was wearing thick glasses or one of those thief eye mask things...
But then I took a closer look at this animation:
upload_2017-12-19_10-33-11.png

See how it bends and hangs down? That's definitely a cloth eye mask.
A lot of people have drawn her with glasses. Whelp, joke's on them. :STongue:

Surprised I never actually said my piece here, but generally speaking I enjoyed most of the villains, even if some just for certain aspects like design (Awazon Genie), but Syrup does stand above them all, especially since unlike the others she's not a monster or threat to the world at large, but rather just a greedy jerk like Wario, which makes her a perfect foil and recurring antagonist.

The Black Jewel is the only one that I couldn't get anything out of, save for the basic concept and that does irk me, since an evil jewel turning Wario's fortune into monsters and thus against him, is a very fitting idea and about as personal as the stakes are ever going to get for someone like Wario, it's just a shame that nothing of interest was done with the idea.

I understand people liking Rudy, but he doesn't really have the staying power of Captain Syrup and her pirate crew. His thing worked for the one game gimmick of the music box world, and while he could always come back in some other incarnation, it makes more sense to have Wario rivaling another group of greedy treasure seekers.

• Agree
Back