Captain Syrup custom sprites??

Couch Tomato

Wario Fan Supreme
Hey guys! I noticed that there's been some Captain Syrup love here. It's a shame she doesn't appear anywhere else at all in Nintendo games. It's also a shame she doesn't appear any in any fan games either (the notable exception being the upcoming Midas Machine)! And I think a big part of that is that she just has no sprites...

I know there's a lot of talent here... Would anyone be willing to conjure up a custom sprite sheet for Syrup, as if she were a playable character? The medium would be in the 16-bit Super Mario All Stars (probably using the SMB2 Peach as a base), since that's the most commonly used medium for fan games. Second most being Super Mario World.

FYI, I've already done that approach with Wario (which is actually just a reshade of WL2/3) and Waluigi so that they could fit in... But my spriting days are long over.

http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=25348
http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=28013

Did somebody say ShyGuyXXL?
95_nyah.png

Sure, I could make some sprites. S^^ ...Maybe. :Sglee:

Depends on a number of things. At first I thought you meant WL2-style syrup sprites.
syrupgameboystyle.png

That would've been interesting. Then I could've polished up the original sprites a bit. Because if you actually look at them closely you'll see that there are a lot of... weird bits...
syrup's weird sprites.png

Her sprites are.... economical, to put it mildly. A lot of parts are re-used, even if they don't fit together.
You don't notice it during quick animations but once you see the double hands it's hard to un-see them.
(btw, this is from the sheet ripped by Silverbolt, I hope he ripped it correctly)

Anyway, something I DON'T wanna do is use the sprite of another character as a base. That's just cheap and lazy. :p
It's something I generally dislike about a lot of custom sprites.
Or when you take an 8-bit sprite and make it 16-bit. SOMETIMES it works, other times it just looks..... euugh. :Sweetjesus:

Haha yeah, her WL2 sprites are pretty bad... What I meant by using Peach was very loose -- basically being around the same height and dimensions, and have an counterpart for each of her frames (not necessarily the floating, cause Syrup doesn't float). And basically something that would look like she would fit right in the game. :p

Back