[Poll] Do you prefer the English or Japanese versions of character songs?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
In the WarioWare games where character theme songs are different in both the Japanese and English versions, which one do you prefer and why?

Here are the different versions of each song to compare:

Ashley's Theme

English:

Japanese:

Mona Pizza

English:

Japanese:

Mike's Song

English:

Japanese:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qV449KoEH7w

So which versions do you prefer and why?

(Heh, I knew uploading that japanese Mona Pizza Song would be useful some day. ^^)

Here's the original japanese Mike Song:

I like the japanese Ashley Song more because I feel like her "evil little girl" character is more effective when she's really cute. She also sounds more innocent. The english one sounds kinda pissed.

I prefer the japanese Mona Pizza because the voice fits the singer in the commercial much better. Also Joe sounds funnier. ^^

And as much as I like the cute "hooky hooky fooky fooky sooky sooky" voice in the japanese Mike version, I think the english one is more of an actual song so... I like that one more.

(Heh, I knew uploading that japanese Mona Pizza Song would be useful some day. ^^)

Here's the original japanese Mike Song:

I like the japanese Ashley Song more because I feel like her "evil little girl" character is more effective when she's really cute. She also sounds more innocent. The english one sounds kinda pissed.

I prefer the japanese Mona Pizza because the voice fits the singer in the commercial much better. Also Joe sounds funnier. ^^

And as much as I like the cute "hooky hooky fooky fooky sooky sooky" voice in the japanese Mike version, I think the english one is more of an actual song so... I like that one more.

Heh, if you think Ashley sounds annoyed in the English version of her song used in WarioWare Touched, the one in Smash Bros Brawl takes that to an all new 'level':

I think they kind of took that version way, way too far.

For Mona Pizza, I'm not sure. I always kind of liked how in the English one, the Pizza Dinosaurs guys actually interrupted the song halfway through.

Back