Does the Wario Land series have some of the nicest Game Boy graphics?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Well, mostly the originals, since Wario Land 4 has a lot more competition on the graphics front. But come on, Wario Land Super Mario Land 3 looked incredible for its time, and Wario Land II and 3 looked equally good.

And they were all miles better looking than Mario's games, don't you agree? Compare say this:

Super_mario_land.png

Super_Mario_Land_2_%281%29.jpg

to this:

MtTeapotCourse7.png

WL2_S_2x-5.PNG

WL3_S_OutOfTheWoods1.PNG

It's no comparison!

Well, yeah. The graphics do look pretty nice in the Wario side of things, but Mario has some nice easy going graphics, like before with the NES Mario bros, Super Mario 3 looks so much better.

Wario Land had enough time to unlock the full power of the Gameboy, while Mario land came out way before the Wario games.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I'd say it's pretty much the usual fare when it comes to GB/GBC. The only game for that system that really impressed me graphics wise that I can remember is Shantae.

To be fair, the graphical styles of Six Golden Coins was pretty similar to the first Wario Land, although Wario Land still looks a bit better (especially in how Wario looks). The next two games look pretty great comparatively, though.

And yeah, Shantae has some fantastic graphics for the system. Too bad it was so late in the system's lifespan that it didn't sell all that well.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Wario Land indeed has some very good graphics, just like the DK Land triology. But I can tell you, playing Donkey Kong Land 3 on the original Game Boy is absolute hell in some levels.
Sometimes you can barely even see what belongs to the background and what not...

Back