false alarm sorry

Glowsquid

Mental midget
Diamond City Leader
TEMPER YOUR EXPECTATIONS THIS COULD VERY WELL BE BULLSHIT

For those not in the know, Chris Pranger is a former Treehouse employee who went to an obscure game podcast. He was unauthorized and got fired for it. It's causing quite a brouahaha.

I thought every juicy bit from the podcast was already summarized, but someone on NeoGaf made a post, that, um, piqued my interest:

Listening to the podcast without context, one could deduce that he had already left Nintendo before making his appearance, and was spilling the beans. Not that he was intentionally making them sound bad or just spilling dirt, but a lot of the things he brings upjust should not have been talked about on a podcast, way too candid.

For example, how he speaks about Ashley's voice actor for Wario Ware, making it seems like she reluctantly does the voice, after they 'found out' that the series was going to continue, and that they're making new games for it.

It's hard to tell in what context he's mentioning this, but I think it's unlikely he's talking about an existing game since, he's only worked at Treehouse since July 2012 according to his Linkedin, and neither DIY or G&W feature new (english) voice clips for ashley or any of the other characters beside Pyoro. He's not in G&W's credits either.

The podcast is here. I can't listen to it or ask the poster as I'm at work until 10:30 PM. Anyone willing to dig in and contextualise just what he hell that post is about?

Last edited:
TEMPER YOUR EXPECTATIONS THIS COULD VERY WELL BE BULLSHIT

good thing I included this

i,ve had a friend look this over and here's what he found:

• OK GOT IT

46:30 onwards

he's talking about voice actors for games and mentions how it sometimes becomes a problem if a character's voice becomes iconic

"[after the first game] they didn't realise they'd continue this character on and continue this franchise and so suddenly every time a new wario game comes out and they're like 'oh, ashley's in it' [...] it doesn't matter what project she's on she's gotta come in and do the voice"

doesn't really imply there's a new game in development with the way he's worded it but check it out for yourself if you have the time.

also right after that:
    "so what you're saying is now you have job security because you're the voice of the first boss in star fox"
    "well see he's not named so i have no security there"
    lmao

Back