Got Smash today. Unlocked Wario.

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
Yup, I got my copy already.
If anyone has any questions that can't wait for two more days then ask away. Maybe I can answer some.

I got Wario's trophy description here and for some reason it's different from the one we've seen.

"If someone who hated Mario tried to draw an ugly version of him, it'd probably end up looking just like Wario. The greedy villain claims they used to be childhood friends, though... In this game, he's a heavy fighter with heavy-hitting attacks. The longer you go without using his Wario Waft move, the more explosive it'll be when you... "let it out"."

That's much better than the other one! At least it doesn't call Wario disgusting or claims the Wario Waft to be his signature move.
Maybe it's different because I have the European version.

In terms of gameplay in general the only complaint I have so far is that you can't use the D-pad for controlling your character. Only the circle pad.
Other than that it's pretty good. Of course, that's just my first impression.

So, how'd you get it early? German shop released it before the official launch date, like in the 3DS Daily news post?

Unlocking everyone really is that easy. So easy it makes us question why have anything hidden at all anymore.
I think the easy things are put in the 3DS game while the harder challenges are in the Wii U game (don't remember where I heard that from). I guess the game is giving us more time to get used to all the characters and playstyles which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You could still try and beat Classic mode on 9 with all characters if you chose to want a challenge.

Anyone know if event matches are in SSB4 3DS?

I think the easy things are put in the 3DS game while the harder challenges are in the Wii U game (don't remember where I heard that from). I guess the game is giving us more time to get used to all the characters and playstyles which isn't necessarily a bad thing. You could still try and beat Classic mode on 9 with all characters if you chose to want a challenge.

Anyone know if event matches are in SSB4 3DS?
It meant that unlocking other things like stages and custom parts on the challenge grid will be tougher on Wii U.

The character unlock thresholds might still be the same there too.

Back