Gush Section

CaptainDrewBoy

9-Volt's ugly cousin
We have a RANT section, but where can we gush about things?
Here. Do it here.

The NSMB engine is genius. Taking moves from 3D games and implementing them in to a 2D engine, often to use the moves in a totally different way? Nice! The triple jump used to be just a high jump, now it's great for momentum AND height!

Hmmmmmmm
I really really like my Octoling( and Octolings in general)

Well, may as well post a few of mine:

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze have amazing level design. Seriously, the amount of great ideas they cram into each level is insane, and they frame them extremely well too. It's like a cross between the atmospheric style of the original SNES games and a blockbuster film.]

2. The Mario & Luigi series are visually astounding, especially given they're still using traditional sprites for graphics. Just look at how many frames these sprite animations have:

It's nuts. And it really makes me want to see what a sprite based Wario Land game would look like in 2019 with the same level of care put into it.

3. Nintendo is on a real roll with their Switch era games. Say what you like about their online, but Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Smash Bros Ultimate, etc are great games which did exactly what their respective franchises needed.

Back