Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Aerodent

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Catbat

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Golden Diva

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
I personally had a really hard time with beating most of the bosses in Wario Land 4 the first time around, so I was asking myself:

"What is the ultimate hardest WL4 boss?"

I think it is either Cractus or the Cuckoo Condor for me, because I nearly ragequit the game at both fights. I don't know if it is just me, but I think the bosses got slightly easier after that (or I just got better).

Thoughts?

Yeah, even though Aerodent can't hit you as easily as the others, beating him quickly is very hard. So if you're playing on hard or super hard mode he can be a real challenge.
I mean you have to time those charge jumps perfectly if you wanna hit him more than twice each round.

Cractus here. Always found his attacks rather annoying to dodge to be honest, and the fact you're likely to try and fight him second (aka right after Spoiled Rotten) doesn't help much either.

Aerodent is only hard for me in Super Hard mode.

Cractus. As I was saying in another thread, as he closes in on you, you have less time to dodge and respond to his attacks. Initially this isn't a problem as he floats along the ground, but the further you get through the battle, the higher he floats and thus the hands have a better range to hit you. So you really need to be on your guard and take advantage of the few frames when he recovers from his attack stun. If you don't use this technique to land multiple hits in one go, then you'll lose just as much health as you can dish out; which leaves you to lose the war of attiration.

Aerodent is all about consistently following through on the process. The fire ball mix-ups are nice.

The thing with Cuckoo Condor is that with a bit of observation, you can make the battle much easier. Given the behaviour of the chicks, you can hide out in any of the corners and never take a hit. In this way, every time you can't get behind the condor to grab an egg, you just hide in the corner and wait for her to turn around. This boss battle is all about adapting to an increasing number of complexities. They want you to be overwhelmed by the chicks, but, as with many action games, by looking for patterns, you can simplify the challenge significantly.

I found all of the bosses to be really satisfying.

Back