[Upcoming Game] How well will Move It Sell?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Will it be another Smooth Moves or Touched level success? Or do as poorly as DIY or Gold did?

What do you think will happen as far as sales are concerned?

Hopefully Move It brings back the soul of warioware which is just showing off the gangs ZANY adventures WHILE HAVING A GOOD TIME and not shit on wario so much >.>
Also no offense I love voice actings but Warioware was imo doing better with less dialogue and more adventures with animation. I feel like the animation used to be a lot more fast paced and silly. I'm really sorry to say but it feels like the animation is getting less zany and they used to tell way more crazier stories with more moving parts @_@ maybe I'm just nostalgia blind tho.

GOLD SOLD POORLY?! I was obsessed with getting that game in middle school, I always figured it was super highly sought after! Then again, I still have yet to buy it myself (endlessly kicking myself for not getting it on the eshop before it closed on any of the MANY occasions I considered doing so) so I'm not one to talk. ANYWAY in my honest opinion, I don't see Move It doing very well. I haven't seen much buzz around it, it doesn't seem like it's drawing in new fans, and from what I can tell it also doesn't have a tooon to offer for old fans? For all I know though, it could exceed expectations, and at least draw in the usual crowd. That said, if it doesn't do anything too shocking, I don't think it'll make enough noise to do particularly well. I think it either needs a truly engaging gimmick, to make great use of its characters, or to expand the story element in a careful way, or something. Idk man. I just honestly don't have very high hopes for it, though I'd love to be proven wrong!

Yeah this stands in tandem with my point I made in another thread. I personally think the art direction and voice acting is the main culprit as it slows the games down A TON and makes them feel less whacky and zany because of how bland and boring they are. When a game doesn't look good (IMO these games look like Hello Kitty Games) then the developers have a low bar for everything else). Warioware seems like its stopped trying to innovate since their blunder with Warioware and are just trying to cash in on the series before it crashes.
That being said they did definitely bring in a younger audience with the chibi/hello kitty artstyle but most of the older audience....
Well lets just say my friends always called Warioware a game exclusively for children before and now it actually kind of looks like it.
Personally I'll be recollecting/replaying the old wario games I lost before buying any of these new games that don't feel to have the same heart and soul.
Which I hope is saying something because Wario, Metal Gear Solid, and Resident Evil are my favorite franchises. So its sad to see only 1 out of 3 of them doing well. Like losing your family.

It is going to sell incredibly well. A lot of people are fond of Smooth Moves and already see the connection, not to mention how it is a great return to the traditional gameplay style after the last game.

It is going to sell incredibly well. A lot of people are fond of Smooth Moves and already see the connection, not to mention how it is a great return to the traditional gameplay style after the last game.

I really hope you're right! That would be amazing for the Wario series if so, and give Nintendo the incentive to give us plenty more games in future.

i think it will! i'm definitely going to pick it up eventually and it feels like a return to form to the style of the sort of "middle era" of wario (smooth moves and game & wario, where it's less outright edgy and moreso silly but it still has that characteristic charm of wario games). it's quite a breath of fresh air from gold and get it together which imo felt like they were just screaming for my attention =3=

i think it will! i'm definitely going to pick it up eventually and it feels like a return to form to the style of the sort of "middle era" of wario (smooth moves and game & wario, where it's less outright edgy and moreso silly but it still has that characteristic charm of wario games). it's quite a breath of fresh air from gold and get it together which imo felt like they were just screaming for my attention =3=

Yeah, it definitely seems to be a return to the older style of WarioWare games for sure. So that's good to see.

Back