Is Smooth Moves some kind of turning point in the series?

Just a Wario Fan

The ίςε cream aficionado
I always had (and still have) the feeling that WarioWare: Smooth Moves! marked some kind of ¨turning point¨ to the series.

The game had a mayor art shift, the character's voices were altered, and to me, it seems that WarioWare can de divided into a post-Smooth Moves and pre-Smooth Moves era. The older, pre-Smooth Moves games have something that the newer games don't seem to have, and not just because of nostalgia or something.

Anyone agree?

Probably. Like, in smooth moves Ashley got even more cuter and such. The voices were a tad-better too. Now that you mention it I think it is a turning point of sorts.

Yeah, Smooth Moves is one of my top games, and one that I have the fondest memories of. It really did solidify everything with the series.

The game had a mayor art shift

I don't see it.

, the character's voices were altered,

they're the same VAs, Smooth Moves just has much better sound compression : p.

well yeah, there is an obvious "after Smooth Moves" period because it's the last traditional Warioware game to be released (Snapped is a tech demo, DIY is an editor, Game & Wario is a traditional minigame compilation). I don't see how the game shake things up notably compared to the previous titles, though.

Back