Nintendo's First Mobile Title Announced TONIGHT! (10/28)

The new smartphone game will be “Miitomo”. It will be free to play, with attractive add-ons that people can pay for, Mr. Kimishima says. Others will be pay-to-download, he says.

Looks like Miis go ahead and communicate with other Miis without your knowledge. This will help people who are hesitant to talk about themselves to communicate with others, and reveal a side of your friends you never knew, Mr. Kimishima says.

neat

While I would hope that these mobiles games are more supplementary in nature than replacements for full fledged games, I guess for certain series it's better than nothing.

This Miitomo thing is... interesting. Kind of like. But something based on a proper Nintendo IP would have been a better choice.

I think Nintendo for now is being cautious and getting their feet wet and gauging what kind of reaction they'll get from this. They could very easily just make a typical smartphone style game and slap a theme on it like some endless runner type thing or downsize an existing game like Dr. Mario or something but it seems they want to make something more unique.

Honestly, that's part of what I love about Nintendo. Sure, they have a lot of successful formulas, but they don't like to rely entirely on them. Nintendo likes to try new things, and see what sort of fun, creative experience they can make, rather than just doing what they know will work. I can really admire that.

"While it is important for us to earn profits from our smart device business alone, our primary objective is to encourage smart device users to be interested in and to play with our dedicated video game systems, and we are focused on this goal."
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029qa/index.html

Yeah don't expect many or any full fledged games on your phones. This may disappoint some but I honestly hate playing games on my phone.

Back