Smash brothers 5 newcomer reactions.

ThAshleyChannel

That one person
Welcome to this little game I've discovered, thought I'd give it a try. You will post your thoughts on these newcomers as if they
were actually confirmed in the next game, what would you reaction be?
These are all random

For example​
  • Waluigi (New Mario/Wario series rep) - I can't believe it, yesss! //or// What? I'd rather somebody else.

The reaction can be pretty much anything. Alright, now that we got that out of the way how would you react to these newcomers?​
  • Takamaru (New rep)
  • King K rool (DK Rep)
  • Dixie kong (Dk Rep)
  • Isaac (golden sun)
  • Daisy (Mario rep)
  • Prof. Layton (New rep)
  • Magnus (kid icarus)
  • Ashley (Wario rep)
  • Mona (Wario rep)
  • Geno (Mario rep)
  • Waluigi (Mario/Wario rep)
  • Inkling (New rep)
  • Midna (Zelda rep)
  • Paper Mario (New rep/Mario rep.)
  • Chrom (Fire emblem rep)
  • lip (New rep/panel de pon)
  • Young cricket (Wario rep)
  • Tails (Sonic rep : assuming sonic returns.)
  • Chun-li (Street fighter rep : assuming Ryu returns.)
And for the heck of it. (impossible/very unlikely characters)​
  • Goku (New Dragon ball rep)
  • Steve (New Minecaft rep)
  • Freddy (New Five nights rep)
  • Miku (New vocaloid rep)

I'd respond well to any Donkey Kong or Wario series newcomers. I'd be mad as hell after seeing any more Fire Emblem ones. The unlikely ones I'd be fine with, they at least seem like interesting, different choices.

Hmm this is an interesting lot:

Takamaru: He better have a unique play style
King K. Rool: Sure why not
Dixie Kong: Maybe a bit too many kongs? I think a different kind of kong would be a better choice.
Isaac: Hmhm, I've heard good things about the series so this could be promising
Daisy: What could her moveset be?
Prof Layton: I can dig it
Magnus: Sakurai please control your step-baby
Ashley: Oh no...
Mona: A better choice but what could she do?
Geno: Oh man the internet's gonna go crazy
Waluigi: Don't really like Waluigi. He also doesn't really represent either series he's supposedly from very well.
Inkling: I can definitely get behind this.
Midna: A new Zelda rep is needed even though she's not really new or even recent though we do have the remake coming out soon...
Paper Mario: Loved the series up until Sticker Star. Hopefully he's not primarily based on that game.
Chrom: No!
Lip: She's been referenced in every game in melee so this would be a nice addition.
Young Cricket: Uhh? Doesn't really stand out to me
Tails: Would he take after more his classic or modern form?
Chun-li: Wouldn't mind it

Big no to all the "impossible newcomers"

I think Ashley and Young Cricket would be the only Warioware reps with a move-set, Young Cricket for obvious reasons since he's already a fighter and Ashley could use magic based attacks.

I'm not sure about Mona, probably throw pizzas.

• Takamaru (New rep) - Lots of potential. Good old-school candidate.
  • King K Rool (DK Rep) - SAKURAI PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN
  • Dixie Kong (DK Rep) - Sure, why not? Probably very similar to Diddy, but I can see her being cool.
  • Isaac (Golden Sun) - Lots of potential. The leaked PM build shows that there's a lot of cool stuff he can have, and that's a very unfinished state he's in, too.
  • Daisy (Mario rep) - Could be cool, though I'm not sure what they'd have her do.
  • Prof. Layton (New rep) - Again, not sure how he'd function exactly, but I suppose it could provide Smash with some much-needed gentlemanliness.
  • Magnus (Kid Icarus) - Not sure how different he'd be from Ike, and I think Kid Icarus has a decent amount of representation anyway. I like the character, but I don't see it.
  • Ashley (Wario rep) - That'd be cool. Lots of potential.
  • Mona (Wario rep) - I like Mona, but I'm not sure what she'd do. Depends on how well they could design her.
  • Geno (Mario rep) - Yeah, Geno would be cool.
  • Waluigi (Mario/Wario rep) - SAKURAI PLEASE
  • Inkling (New rep) - I can see some neat movement options with spreading ink on the ground and swimming through it.
  • Midna (Zelda rep) - Midna's awesome, and her powers could definitely have some neat possibilities.
  • Paper Mario (New rep/Mario rep.) - Depends on how interesting they can make the character. I'm not sure how much unique stuff they could give him to make him too much different from other all-around characters like Mario or G&W.
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem rep) - I think they made the right decision implementing Robin instead. Chrom doesn't have enough to differentiate his style from other Fire Emblem representatives.
  • Lip (New rep/Panel de Pon) - She could do some unique stuff. As long as she doesn't have a moveset full of attacks that put a flower on your head, I can see her being alright.
  • Young Cricket (Wario rep) - I'm not sure how much uniqueness he could bring to the table aside from generic kung-fu moves, but he'd work pretty naturally as a fighter, I guess.
  • Tails (Sonic rep : assuming Sonic returns.) - Sure. He'd be unique, with some Sonic-styled attacks as well as some unique tail attacks and probably some gadget-based moves.
  • Chun-Li (Street Fighter rep : assuming Ryu returns.) - I'm alright with it. She would work pretty naturally, and she'd function uniquely from the rest of the cast.
And for the heck of it. (impossible/very unlikely characters)
  • Goku (New Dragon Ball rep) - I can see it working. He spends most of the series fighting with some flashy techniques, after all.
  • Steve (New Minecaft rep) - I guess there's a few things he can do, and I'm sure they could fill out a moveset of normal moves with punches, sword attacks, and a pickaxe. I'm pretty neutral on it.
  • Freddy (New Five Nights rep) - No.
  • Miku (New vocaloid rep) - How would this even work? She doesn't fight.
I'd also be cool with Tingle. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai, honestly.

So you're really trying your best not to have Miku in smash, huh? I mean, characters like Wii Fit Trainer don't fight at all. If I would have wanted WFT way before she was in you would have called me crazy. They really did give her moves based on exercise. What's stopping Miku from having song/music based attacks.

She also fought with her leaks once.

I dunno, I guess I just don't see it working. I'd be alright if it somehow resulted in a good moveset. I suppose her animations could probably be pretty interesting, with a lot of dancing and such.

35bfjnk.jpg

He'll have a lot of good moves. He'd be a Fast, strong character. Like Little mac, but he's powerful in the air as well. Can jump super high.

Kicks will do 999%. Any move will do 999%. To him 999% is weak so be happy he'll go easy on smash characters.

Finishing moves will be a punch which can do from anywhere to 999% or 9001%

Final smash will be serious series. insta kill no matter what damage you have, what character you are. You will be k.o'ed

No lag on any move, insta smash with everything. If Saitama has 999% damage still nothing will send him flying. He might feel the bat at 999 but probably not.

• Takamaru (New rep)
I'd like him. Smash is actually one of the rare fighting games missing a katana wielder, and he's a great retro pick!
  • King K rool (DK Rep)
Meh. Never cared much for him. Could be fun if he was a very effective projectile-based heavy that could really force the opponent to get in on him where he can kill early.
  • Dixie kong (Dk Rep)
Would love her. Favorite DK character ever since I first tried the series on the gameboy.
  • Isaac (golden sun)
Don't care as much as most people for him, nor do I think Golden Sun actually needs to be represented(like some do), but I admit that with all the Psynergies available in the game it should be possible to make a very fun moveset for him.
  • Daisy (Mario rep)
She'd be okay. Always kinda liked Daisy, tends to be my go to pick when Wario and Waluigi are already used by others.
  • Prof. Layton (New rep)
Sweet. Get the feeling he would be extremely complicated to play though. :p
  • Magnus (kid icarus)
Meh. We already have 3 BigSword McGees in Shulk, Ike and Cloud. I like the character, but would much prefer Hades or Viridi.
  • Ashley (Wario rep)
YES.
  • Mona (Wario rep)
I'd be fine with it, she's pretty deserving to be honest.
  • Geno (Mario rep)
MEH. Hopefully his moveset would be good enough to make me care for him, but otherwise I don't really have a strong connection to Geno.
  • Waluigi (Mario/Wario rep)
I main Waluigi in most things where he's available, and he's probably my favorite videogame character. Would just hope the moveset wasn't bad.
  • Inkling (New rep)
Good pick with tons of potential for an interesting and unique moveset with Ink diving mechanics.
  • Midna (Zelda rep)
Eh. Liked Midna, but she really isn't first on my Zelda list, neither in who I consider deserving(Toon Zelda) or want(Tingle).
  • Paper Mario (New rep/Mario rep.)
Hm. A third Mario would kinda be stretching it, but Mario is the King of Videogames so if anyone deserves to be in thrice it's him! Would love it if he had his partners from the first two games implemented in his moveset!

latest

Goombella!<3

• Chrom (Fire emblem rep)
Nah. By the time of Smash 5, he'll be old and irrelevant.
  • Lip (New rep/panel de pon)
I could dig it, though I feel her and Daisy might collide on a "inflict flower" based moveset.
  • Young cricket (Wario rep)
Series is missing a speedy kung-fu fighter, but I'd much rather have a dance fighter like Jimmy! With that said, would still be happy with Cricket.
  • Tails (Sonic rep : assuming sonic returns.)
Would be fine with it, he'd be a fine mix of gadget/tail combat, something the series doesn't really have.
  • Chun-li (Street fighter rep : assuming Ryu returns.)
Never really cared all that much for Chun-Li.

• Goku (New Dragon ball rep)
Could I have pretty much any Z fighter that isn't him? Or a more traditional adaption of Sun Wukong? Goku just annoys the **** out of me.
  • Steve (New Minecaft rep)
Meh.
  • Freddy (New Five nights rep)
Meh.
  • Miku (New vocaloid rep)
Eh, might play her while rocking some Ieva's Polkka in the background.

Get the feeling he would be extremely complicated to play though.
So, in other words, you could say that playing Professor Layton would be like solving a puzzle.
I main Waluigi in most things where he's available, and he's probably my favorite videogame character. Would just hope the moveset wasn't bad.
I think you'll like this.
want(Tingle)
Unusual choice. I approve.
Nah.
Goombella!<3
I like this guy. He has good taste.

Back