Some GB/GBA-themed "HD Wario" Edits

tahutoa

Has "it." Fragile musician. Odd, means well.
And by HD, I mean simply not 'stuck on one of those crummy liquid crystal displays'. Not 3D Wario, because that's different.

First: an edit of one of the final panels from Mario vs. Wario to fit on a microgame screen, then edited further so it'd scale properly for the thumbnail I was making it into. As you can see, it's flipped horizontally. This is because of a popular idea in the cinematography world that says characters placed on the right side of the frame will inherently seem more root-for-able. (You can actually see this in practice in the original comic: from what I can tell, nearly every single panel where the two of them are together, but not necessarily the focus of the "shot", Mario is always on the right and Wario on the left. It's one of those weird bits of psychology that you start noticing every-fuckin'-where once you learn about it.)
FITE in 4 secs.png
fight waa.png
Next is an edit from another panel which features a golden Waa expression. The Black & White version I'm still working on an NES iteration of, but the down-scale GB version is finished, and currently sits as the thumbnail for my WL1 Boss cover.
wha!! green.png
wha!! mark ii.png

(Note how I copied the line art to extra layers to simulate the after-images made by light shining on the GB's shitty dot matrix screen)
wha!!.png
And finally, two edits made with the same intended style in mind. The one with a B&W Wario is still WIP, and involves me recoloring a greyscaled version (since using posterize on greyscale will actually give the number of shades equal to the "level" you set it to). The other one is a stand-in, basically. Might re-frame it when the currently WIP one is finished, whenever that is.
warui dayo.png
warui deo.png

((For the source of the image, just look up "Japanese Wario Land commercial".))

Back