Sprites for Virtual Boy Wario Land

Wait, take this one instead. It's more accurate. The other was more experimental.
nude cractus2.png

88784.png

@Juan "Shantae" Schwartz requested that I rip all the sprites for this particular enemy, so here we go! This is also my first sprite sheet for Virtual Boy Wario Land. As the internet is currently quite void of any VBWL sprite sheets, I'd like to try and gradually put them all together for the Spriters Resource. It's a tedious process, so new sheets may be far in-between. But watch this space for updates!

Thank you so much for doing this! It's one of the few sprites I've been needing for my upcoming project.

As for sprite ripping... well I have to admit my interest in that field mostly comes down to whether I can use the sprites in fan games and hacks afterwards.

So while I'll try for accuracy in some cases, I'll also admittedly touch up sprites and make changes as necessary to get them working within SNES limitations as well. That's why a lot of my tileset rips use 16 x 16 tiles. Not because the original game necessarily did, but because stuff like Lunar Magic and Super Mario Bros X runs on a 16 x 16 grid. It's also why my choices are so odd. Because I have a level idea I feel needs livening up, can't find any unique graphics for it on SMW Central/Mario Fan Games Galaxy/Open Game Art, and then remember there's a nice tileset or character sprite in that one game or another I only vaguely remember the existence of.

I do try and rip stuff from the tile viewer if possible, but I'll definitely rip stuff from screenshots with layers disabled as well, especially if the game compresses the tiles in some weird way.

Found this thread while looking for sprites from VBWL. Honestly hoping someone comes along with a sprite sheet for the big man himself, someday.

Back