Think we'll see Master of Disguise on Virtual Console?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
It's not a particularly great game (especially not for the Wario series), but given that we've seen Yoshi's Island DS and Star Fox Command... I don't think high standards are exactly necessary for Nintendo's service.

So yeah, think Suzak's little loved Wario platformer will make a Wii U Virtual Console comeback?

Oh, I've played Yoshi's Island DS. I liked it, but I wouldn't consider it particularly well designed. Seems like a ROM hack in how its levels feel to play.

Could it happen? Maybe.

Would I buy it? I do hate the game, but the series needs all the support it can get, so I'm conflicted.

I'm in the same situation. I'd be tempted to buy it, to support the Wario series. But the game's reviews make me unsure...

Considering how early we got Mario Pinball Land, probably? : p

Good comparison. Mario Pinball Land has to be one of those games that absolutely no one wanted on the virtual console, yet we got it anyway.

On another note, do you know what else is similar between Mario Pinball Land and Wario Master of Disguise?

Both their developers shut down.

Yes really:

http://www.silverballstudios.com/

Fuse Games became Silver Ball Studios which became part of Barnstorm Games. Ah well, better scenario than Suzak. Imagine how those Japanese devs must have felt to come in and be told they're all without a job as of today with no warning... or something.

I remember that game, played it back when I was too young to beat the first level. Haven't played it since so it should be a fun nostalgia trip if it makes it and an insta-buy from me. I do hope I like it though, especially given the mostly negative opinions here.

Wario Master of Disguise is at best... somewhat divisive among Wario fans. I've seen a few people that seem to really like it (as in, the gameplay itself), but most fans tend to be more fond of the music and characters than anything involving game mechanics or level design or what have you.

Back