Thoughts on Game & Wario?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
It's not really a game I have any interest in buying myself, but for those who have... did you enjoy the game? Think it lived up to the rest of the WarioWare series?

Or would you have preferred a more traditional WarioWare game for Wii U instead?

It,s not rancid, but it misses the mark more often than it should. Most of the games feel plodding and bowlegged for something with the WarioWare heritage, and no matter your gaming taste and history, there's a few you're bound to hate and never want to play again. And unlike what that guy in the Iwata Asks said, none of the games (except Patchwork, oddly enough) feel like they can stand as fully featured games. The Ashley 2D Nights ripoff is pretty fun - it's also 3 level.

It's sad tho, because literally everything beside the minigames themselves are great. The presentation is ace, the soundtrack is great and the unlockable toys are a riot and definitely the most WarioWarey part of the packages ("Beans" NEEDS to be experienced). A missed opportunity.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I figured I'd check and see if there was a thread like this before I decided to make my own. Glad I did, since I'd rather avoid creating redundant threads if at all possible.

First off, I enjoyed the game, but I can definitely say it's the weakest WarioWare game I played.

Now, let's get to the minigames. I like Gamer the most for some reason. Ashley is also fun, and Patchwork isn't bad, either. The others aren't the best, but I don't hate them enough to complain...

...except for Design. Seriously, who thought that minigame was a good idea? You are supposed to draw lines, circles and such a specific size. If you're like me, you had to guess the sizes of these things and hope you got lucky. Once I finally got lucky, I never went back to it ever again.

The unlockables are a great addition, and I'm still working on getting all of them. Of course, I like sound tests for some reason, so I'm trying to unlock those especially. The thing I hate, though, is that the next thing is always random, so I have to hope I'm lucky there, too.

The story is typical WarioWare fun, and that's always a good thing, so no complaints there.

Overall, it's a good game but it's not as good as what came before, and I'm unsure of any hopes of a more traditional installment on the Wii U, though I can respect that they probably wanted to try something different. If this idea gets used again, I hope it gets more refinement, but it was a good first try.

I thought it was pretty great: most games are fun (especially Taxi and Ski, though I also like Ashley), and it still has good old microgames by the means of 18-Volt Gamer. There are many hilarious unlockables, and Miiverse Sketch is also a pretty good idea. I guess there could have been more to the games, such as implementing some microgames to them (like in the Mega Party Game$ multiplayer games, kinda) or more stages, but I was pretty satisfied.

Reactions: 607
Back