Waluigi fans getting into the Wario Land series?

I've been seeing a lot of Waluigi fans begging for Waluigi to be included in a future Wario Land title, on Discord, Youtube, Twitter, etc. I've asked quite a few Waluigi fans I know (About 10ish) if they ever played a Wario Land game. The answer was no, which was kind of weird considering they might not even like Wario Land gameplay. Requesting a character for a series you never tried sounds weird to me.

So how likely are the chances of Waluigi fans joining the Wario Land fandom if Waluigi gets added to the series?

The answer was no, which was kind of weird considering they might not even like Wario Land gameplay. Requesting a character for a series you never tried sounds weird to me.

I don,t want to sound too mean or dismissive but I think, like, most of the requests to have Waluigi appear in Wario Land and WarioWare is with the idea that it would "legitimize" him as an important character (instead of the sports game roster filler he's often dismissed as) and not because they genuinely think having Waluigi in those games would make them better.

I don,t want to sound too mean or dismissive but I think, like, most of the requests to have Waluigi appear in Wario Land and WarioWare is with the idea that it would "legitimize" him as an important character (instead of the sports game roster filler he's often dismissed as) and not because they genuinely think having Waluigi in those games would make them better.

That sounds about right, also makes me sad at the same time.

Waluigi fans are, as I see it, a fandom of their own, with not that much connections to the Wario fandom you might expect. Still, @Commendedzuez09's statements make we wonder if Waluigi in a Wario game, a topic that has been brought up countless times by now, can bring the two communities closer together.
I'm a huge Waluigi fan myself, and I share the feeling that Waluigi's potential of being a successful game character outside the Mario spin-off series could easily be fulfilled by either giving him his own game, which I think would be good but highly unlikely, and pairing him with his only good friend, Wario. Of all the Mario characters that haven't had their own game/series, I think Waluigi deserves one the most.

Back