Wario Land 4 heads to Wii U Virtual Console tomorrow...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
So if you don't own the game already... well, buy it! It's one of the best 2D platformers ever made, and a game that every Wario fan worth their salt should own.

Here's the official page content about it:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/6-0fsNZ1OS90s5f0uDytvPesLE5qBoDY

Stash epic loot as you smash your way through a cursed pyramid.

Bask in the greedy glory of treasure-hoarding as you hop, roll, and zombify Wario™ through 20 huge, puzzle-packed levels. This critically praised platformer sees our stubby anti-hero in search of gold, jewels, and riches beyond imagining, but when his insatiable need for loot lands him in a twisted pyramid of traps, he’ll need your wits to get out!

There's lots of treasure in there for the taking, and Wario wants it all. There are plenty of punches, jumps, kicks, and tricks to master throughout the gameplay and various forms for Wario to take, like Flaming Wario, Vampire Bat Wario, or Zombie Wario that can be used to uncover some of the pyramid’s hidden hoard. Lots of bad guys and boss characters will try to make your escape more difficult, and there are plenty of unique challenges to stretch your reflexes and imagination. True to Wario style, there are even a handful of mini-games to keep you amused when you're not adventuring.

So, is anyone here buying the game?

And here's the trailer:

Bit disappointed they only seem to show Emerald Passage levels (the passages are all open from the start for a reason), but hey, it's nice.

I can't believe I only heard about this yesterday. I got Stolen Projects to reduce the price of my Wario Land 4 game design book to celebrate the event. I hope that the game will get a bit more attention this second time round.

I have the game already, so I won't be picking one up. I hear that the Wii U GBA emulation is pretty good.

Back