What's wrong with this picture of Fiery Cavern?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
fierycavern.png

Oh, the snowy background?

Yeah, fun fact I figured out just a minute ago. Apparently, Fiery Cavern actually loads both backgrounds at any one time. It just changes the layer priority respectively.

Makes the whole 'freezes over' gimmick a bit less interesting when you figure that out.

Okay, actually it turns out I was wrong. It does the layer thing in two rooms: the first one and the room with the frog switch.

And then somehow tosses away the fire background when you hit the switch.

But... it uses layers for the foreground colour in that room. So you get this weirdness:

huh.png

Okay, actually it turns out I was wrong. It does the layer thing in two rooms: the first one and the room with the frog switch.

And then somehow tosses away the fire background when you hit the switch.

But... it uses layers for the foreground colour in that room. So you get this weirdness:

View attachment 695
I take it from that still that the heat wave warping affects the frozen background?

I take it from that still that the heat wave warping affects the frozen background?

Nope. The two rooms with this effect don't have any heat warping in the background. The rooms with the heat effects use the brick pattern on layer 2 or whatever instead.

Back